The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Oct 15, 2008, 10:44pm
Official Forum Member

NCAA Technical Fouls

[snipped]

Hopefully I can explain this where we are all on the same page and not confuse everyone.

They have changed the technical fouls from Direct and Indirect to Class A and Class B. Basically, they have replaced Direct with Class A and Indirect with Class B's.

There is a distinct change but let me be perfectly clear: an unsporting technical foul where the coach disrespects an official or is "out of the box" disrespecting the official or physical demonstrates or continuous verbal officiating, the results of those types of actions still will be accessed a Class A technical foul which it will still only take two Class A's for ejection of the coach.

Where the change comes in, when a coach is out of the box (both feet) coaching, he will be issued a verabl warning the first time this is observed. The next time he is observed out of his box coaching, a Class B technical foul will be called. Obviously, two free throws and point of interuption will get the ball back in play, howwever the penalty for a Class B technical foul does not include it being charged as a team foul and it goes toward the coaches total for ejections as a Class B, which it will take a total of three Class B's for an ejection. Any combination of A and B Technical that reach three will mean ejection. A class B against an assistant does not count toward the Head coaches totals.

BOTTOM LINE: COACHES, STAY IN THE BOX AND COACH, DO NOT LET A CLASS B T GET YOU A CLASS A T. REFEREES, ENFORCE THE RULE WITH COMMON SENSE AND DO NOT GO ON WITCH HUNTS, REFEREE THE GAME! COMMUNICATE WITH THE COACHES AND THIS WILL NOT BE THAT BIG OF CHANGE.

[/snipped]
Old Wed Oct 15, 2008, 11:32pm
Whack! Get Out!!!

What was this "snipped" from?
Old Thu Oct 16, 2008, 09:08am
Esteemed Participant

This new Class A and B stuff only applies to NCAA Men's...NCAA Women's is still Administrative, Player/Substitute, and Bench technical fouls. All T's count toward team foul totals, and any Player/Sub or Bench T counts toward disqualification.
Old Thu Oct 16, 2008, 04:55pm
Official Forum Member

My mistake - mods can you please change thread title to NCAA - Technical Fouls (Mens)
Old Thu Oct 16, 2008, 08:09pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyezen View Post
My mistake - mods can you please change thread title to NCAA - Technical Fouls (Mens)
Not a mistake...mine was just a clarification so we didn't confuse Snaqs and M7M - which is actually pretty easy to do.