The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Apr 20, 2002, 03:44pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Thumbs down

Now that the NBA regular season is over, or, should I say, the NBA playoff seeding tournament is over, it's time to pick the "All NBA" teams.

I propose we start with the All-Whiner team.

Obviously, it contains Rasheed Wallace (captain and league Whiner-Of-The-Year award winner - 4th straight year) and Scotty Pippen (asst. captain). I also vote to add Vladi Divac. Any other nominations? How about a coach - maybe Don Nelson or possibly Jerry Sloan?

We could also have an All-Missed Games with Minor Injury team, an All-Jailbird team and an All-Bad Haircut team. Scott Pollard come to mind?

Feel free to make up your own "All-something" teams.
Old Sat Apr 20, 2002, 07:47pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to BOBBYMO Send a message via Yahoo to BOBBYMO
Smile

I may agree with your players that you have picked so far and may I add Bonzi Wells to that list; or is that too many players from the same team? I do not agree though with you picking Jerry Sloan to the list of coaches. To me he seams as though he coaches like if he was still playing. He can't stand to lose. He is a competitor but to me it doen't appear that he is whining. Just my thoughts!!!

[Edited by BOBBYMO on Apr 20th, 2002 at 07:49 PM]
Old Sun Apr 21, 2002, 11:52pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Be sure that Bill Walton gets on the All-Missed Games due to Minor Injury team. He could be in the Hall of Fame for that! Although I think his greatest basketball accomplishment to date has to be his commentating. Today's Blazer/Laker game he hit a new pinnacle of broadcasting by saying, "...the Blazers are having trouble scoring offensively..." That was right before I turned it off. I couldn't watch another uncalled Shaq travel (with apologies to crew, Barnaky and Eli), another Wallace whine, or another ridiculously meaningless Marv Albert "interview."
Old Mon Apr 22, 2002, 09:52am
Esteemed Participant

How about the All_NBA Bad Tattoo Team...we could start with Cherokee Parks and Allen Iverson...then we could have the All-NBA Stupid Headband Team with Derek Fisher and Tim Thomas as the first two there... and as far as the Whiner Team, just put the entire Blazer Roster on there and call it good...
Old Mon Apr 22, 2002, 02:02pm
Official Forum Member

How about Mark Cuban as All-Whiner Team Business consultant?
Old Tue Apr 23, 2002, 12:42am
Official Forum Member

Did anyone see Abdul-Jabbar (nee: Alcindor) play?

Bob
Old Tue Apr 23, 2002, 12:54am
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally posted by bluezebra
Did anyone see Abdul-Jabbar (nee: Alcindor) play?

Bob
Yes, many times. I saw him play in college, too, and even a news story when he went to Power Memorial HS in New York.

I don't particularly remember him as a whiner, though. If you want to talk about older centers who were whiners, you can start with Bill Lambier. You can probably finish with him, too.
Old Tue Apr 23, 2002, 03:56am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
I don't particularly remember him as a whiner, though. If you want to talk about older centers who were whiners, you can start with Bill Lambier. You can probably finish with him, too. [/B]
Bill Lambier has been coaching his kid's rec travelling team(U10,U12) out of Detroit the last few years.Seems like a marriage made in heaven-Lambier and rec ball!I know some guys that have done a few of his games.They said that he's actually been quite good-pretty much sticks to coaching.
Btw,did anyone else wonder if Marv Albert had a clean garter belt on when he was in that accident?Wouldn't want him to be embarrassed.