The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Apr 17, 2002, 01:26pm
Administrator

Ladies and germs (I mean gentlemen), I have just checked the NFHS website and there is still no press release concerning the changes for next school year. I am concerned about the source of the changes that were listed on the IndianaHSAA website. The NFHS is very good about making a press release as soon as the Rules Committee has had is Spring Meeting. I think that we should be cautious until we have the real McKoy from the NFHS.

I will be attending the IAABO Spring Committee Meetings this weekend in Buffalo, NY, and will relay any information that I hear at the meeting. Have a good week everybody.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Wed Apr 17, 2002, 02:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Ladies and germs (I mean gentlemen), I have just checked the NFHS website and there is still no press release concerning the changes for next school year. I am concerned about the source of the changes that were listed on the IndianaHSAA website. The NFHS is very good about making a press release as soon as the Rules Committee has had is Spring Meeting. I think that we should be cautious until we have the real McKoy from the NFHS.

I will be attending the IAABO Spring Committee Meetings this weekend in Buffalo, NY, and will relay any information that I hear at the meeting. Have a good week everybody.
Then shouldn't we also be cautious about listening to any information that you come back with? Should we trust you anymore than we trust the good folks at the IHSAA?

To the contrary, I think the NFHS is quite slow to release such information. We know that the meeting was held a couple of weeks ago. Why haven't they already posted it? Sounds to me like the IHSAA delegate attended the meeting and brought the changes back home with him/her. I doubt there are any differences.
Old Thu Apr 18, 2002, 12:50am
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

I just saw the new rules and the one I like the best is the change that gives each state association the ability to install a "mercy" rule.

To me, this means that after a certain level of crap is given by a coach, the officials receive some "mercy" and that coach is ejected.

Hey - wait a minute, we already have that rule. I know, because I use it all the time.

Oh well, maybe they'll let the howler monkeys bring their tire swings to the games just so they'll have something constructive to do while the games are in progress.

Like my grandmother used to say, "It couldn't hurt."
Old Thu Apr 18, 2002, 07:47am
Official Forum Member

I couldn't find it, looked on the Ihsaa website and didn't see it, what is it under?
Old Thu Apr 18, 2002, 08:04am
In Memoriam

Lightbulb Try Tony's link.

Quote:
Originally posted by devdog69
I couldn't find it, looked on the Ihsaa website and didn't see it, what is it under?

http://www.officialforum.com/thread/4654