The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Apr 05, 2002, 11:55am
Official Forum Member

There have been so many posts on camps and where to go. I posted this awhile ago and some people exchanged emails with me about the camp information.

There is a camp held in Daytona in mid-July. It is an outstanding camp that teaches fundamentals, has outstanding class and teaching sessions. Instruction is great. Depending on what your looking for, this camp is outstanding for learning 3 person and the one on one experience with instructors. It is not necessarily a camp to get exposed to supervisor in getting hired, however; there are various High school and college superisors that do attend the camp looking for new talent.

Many people have attended the camp outside the state of Florida as well. You stay on the beach, the camp fee is much cheaper than other camps and the teaching and training is outstanding. I for one can attest to this as I attended 3 times. Also ask Crew he has been a camper there as well.

I can get you in touch with the camp director via telephone or email if you are interested. Just post your email address as others have done before.

Good luck in making your camp plans.
Old Fri Apr 05, 2002, 11:57am
Official Forum Member

From a guest speaker standpoint, there are several SEC/ACC, NBA, and other invited guests that come in and attend and/or speak as well.

As I don't like being a name dropper, they are very solid and successful people in what they do and have accomplished in their officiating careers/avocation.
Old Fri Apr 05, 2002, 12:40pm
Official Forum Member

[email protected]
Old Sat Apr 06, 2002, 05:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BBarnaky
There have been so many posts on camps and where to go. I posted this awhile ago and some people exchanged emails with me about the camp information.

There is a camp held in Daytona in mid-July. It is an outstanding camp that teaches fundamentals, has outstanding class and teaching sessions. Instruction is great. Depending on what your looking for, this camp is outstanding for learning 3 person and the one on one experience with instructors. It is not necessarily a camp to get exposed to supervisor in getting hired, however; there are various High school and college superisors that do attend the camp looking for new talent.

Many people have attended the camp outside the state of Florida as well. You stay on the beach, the camp fee is much cheaper than other camps and the teaching and training is outstanding. I for one can attest to this as I attended 3 times. Also ask Crew he has been a camper there as well.

I can get you in touch with the camp director via telephone or email if you are interested. Just post your email address as others have done before.

Good luck in making your camp plans.

I was one of the guys who exchanged e-mails with you.

Can you e-mail me again at [email protected]. Thanks.

What are the exact dates? As long as it's before July 25, I am very interested.

Thanks!

Larks
Old Mon Apr 08, 2002, 06:35am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to regs12
Interested in the Camp

I am very intereseted in the camp. Please reply and thanks for the info.
Matt
[email protected]
Old Thu Apr 11, 2002, 10:59pm
Official Forum Member

daytona b-ball camp

my e-mail is: [email protected]