The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Apr 04, 2002, 11:19am
Official Forum Member

Last night's game.
Team A scores. As B is bringing the ball up the floor,
a player from A that was in the game at the time, comes off the sideline and tries to steal the ball. I didn't see exactly where he was, but I believe he actually went in the first row of the stands and hid out until the player passed him. So I do nothing because I'm only MOSTLY sure (similar to MOSTLY dead for you Princess Bride fans) he was hiding. So I mention it to my partner and say let's watch for again. (Never really thinking it will happen again.)
Third quarter has just started and sure enough HE DOES IT AGAIN! This time I clearly see him come off the sideline.
"Tweet," "T!" Got to give him credit for trying though.
Old Thu Apr 04, 2002, 11:39am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by DrakeM
Last night's game.
Team A scores. As B is bringing the ball up the floor,
a player from A that was in the game at the time, comes off the sideline and tries to steal the ball. I didn't see exactly where he was, but I believe he actually went in the first row of the stands and hid out until the player passed him. So I do nothing because I'm only MOSTLY sure (similar to MOSTLY dead for you Princess Bride fans) he was hiding. So I mention it to my partner and say let's watch for again. (Never really thinking it will happen again.)
Third quarter has just started and sure enough HE DOES IT AGAIN! This time I clearly see him come off the sideline.
"Tweet," "T!" Got to give him credit for trying though.
Depending on the level, after the first try, you might have warned him or the coach. But, on the other hand, I suppose if I was in your shoes, I'd be so intrigued that I might just wait to see what happened. And then feel very superior to know the rules that well!!
Old Thu Apr 04, 2002, 11:41am
Official Forum Member

Good catch, Drake. Too bad you didn't catch it the first time, not criticizing you, just saying. That's one of those things, you see, then in your mind your thinking "what the heck just happened there". That's the way I was when the kid on the bench said "f*** you" to me when I ran by. I didn't do anything because I was like "that didn't just happened". I am pretty sure I was in a daze watching the play on the other end, but was ready when I went back by and he said it again.
Old Thu Apr 04, 2002, 11:58am
Official Forum Member

Yeah, I was pi**ed that he got away with it the first time.
Actually after I caught him, a few plays later, I said to him, "I gotta give you A for effort." He just smiled.
Old Thu Apr 04, 2002, 12:08pm
In Memoriam

Thumbs up

Good post, Drake.