The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 02, 2002, 04:51pm
Official Forum Member

ChuckElias once suggested this approach to Love2ref4Ever
in a prior post...so here it goes...almost verbatim!:

Hi, I live in Cincinnati, OH and am looking for a good teaching camp that emphasizes 2-man mechanics. I dont mind travel because A) I can drive or B) I have a ton of Sky Miles! Anybody know of a camp that might be beneficial to a 3rd-year ref?

Any info would be appreciated.

Larks

P.S. I know about Toliver at James Madison...it's Full. I also know about Buckeye Officials Camp at Ohio State...and cant make that date.
Old Tue Apr 02, 2002, 07:22pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
The best one I know of that only does 2 man is Al English in Denver CO. The best high school teams in the state will be there and all games are varsity. All games are videoed. I do not have info on it in front of me. His camps usually last a week and they are in June. If you need a place to stay, rumor has it that many officials sleep in Al's basement for the week. I don't know but that may be just a rumor.
Old Tue Apr 02, 2002, 10:14pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

hey, i know of a great camp this weekend!! my friend is the coordinator and there are 2 open spots left (cancellations). It is in wi, if you are interested, i can give you more info. you could get in for 115 bucks because 2 guys cancelled and lost their deposit, and the coordinator isn't looking to make money. it would include hotel and meals. all the clinitions have wked the state toureny, and do upper level college ball. there will be commisioners there, guest speakers for d1,2,3. my e-mail is [email protected] if you would like more info.

[Edited by Doug on Apr 5th, 2002 at 06:45 AM]
Old Wed Apr 03, 2002, 05:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Larks
ChuckElias once suggested this approach to Love2ref4Ever
in a prior post...so here it goes...almost verbatim!:

Hi, I live in Cincinnati, OH and am looking for a good teaching camp that emphasizes 2-man mechanics. I dont mind travel because A) I can drive or B) I have a ton of Sky Miles! Anybody know of a camp that might be beneficial to a 3rd-year ref?

Any info would be appreciated.

Larks

P.S. I know about Toliver at James Madison...it's Full. I also know about Buckeye Officials Camp at Ohio State...and cant make that date.
Tolliver's camp is strictly 3-person. At least it was when I attended. BTW, it was an excellent camp -- even with the mind games they played.
Old Wed Apr 03, 2002, 08:59am
Official Forum Member

Larks, You can get a lot out of almost any camp. The mechanics are important but not as important as calling the game. You can read the mechanics manual to learn the mechanics. Is OH. ever going to go to 3 person?
Old Wed Apr 03, 2002, 11:41am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

I attended Al English.'s camp a few years ago and at that time it was excellent. I would reccommend it. Good luck. I am in the process of trying to figure out which one will be best for me here in Washington