The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 13, 2000, 01:17am
Official Forum Member

Thanks Ralph, we too ended our season this past weekend with our zone playoffs this coming week. You are correct; this is a very positive discussion board. Even though I am constantly in the rulebook, this year, I have opened even more. And, I have learned that I would have called two or three situations incorrectily had I not seen the topic discussed here.

See you next year.
Old Sun Feb 13, 2000, 10:54am
Official Forum Member

Unhappy

Last night was my last games of the season unless I get picked for a playoff which is unlikely. It has been a great season and I am sad to see it end. I would like to thank everyone for the countless amounts of help I have gotten from this board both this and last season. You are a great bunch of guys and officiating is a great advocation. Looking forward to next season, thanks, Ralph.
Old Sun Feb 13, 2000, 02:16pm
In Memoriam

Cool

[quote]Originally posted by Ralph Stubenthal on 02-13-2000 09:54 AM
Last night was my last games of the season unless I get picked for a playoff which is unlikely. It has been a great season and I am sad to see it end.

Ralph,
Here in Michigan, Girls season runs Sept-November and Boys' season runs Dec. to February with Boys State tourney in March.
I get withdrawl problems after basketball, because there is no Track until April and no baseball until the end of May. I think you are lucky to have those sports cooking so much sooner than I. Plus, you have that great Bass fishing! I wish I was at Lake Fork right now and going to Toledo Bend tomorrow. Sorry that I can't do anything but envy you.
mick
Old Sun Feb 13, 2000, 04:39pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to BK
Talking

Hey Mick,
I was at Lake Fork last week--caught 13 one day, all in the 14-23 slot. None under 3#, biggest was 6#. Looking forward to going back after the playoffs!!! Fork is 1 hour from my house!
Old Sun Feb 13, 2000, 04:41pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Talking

What is wrong with the areas in which you guys live? Here in the Portland OR area, I have games (including rec leagues, obviously) from just after Labor Day until the end of June. My only withdrawal is in July and August when I reintroduce myself to my wife.

BTW - in August I do croquet (really!)
Old Mon Feb 14, 2000, 12:03am
Official Forum Member

Ralph move to Indiana. My season started Oct 15th. already have AAU games scheduled into August. Usually work 10 or 11 months. Take care and get some rest.

------------------
foxyref
Old Mon Feb 14, 2000, 10:46am
Official Forum Member

Actually, last week was my last game, probably for a long time.

Probably going to retire, way too many politics in officiating and basketball where I am now...

------------------
Brian Johnson
Old Mon Feb 14, 2000, 12:32pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
Here in colorado, we have one more week to go. I'll take tonight off for valanetines and then go back at it and finish the year. Next week I'll find the YMCA and call some games there and ease myself out slowly. I can generally find games somewhere all the way until the end of March. In June and July we have more fun. These are actually my favorite time of the year. I don't need anyones permission to call a varsity game:-) And the end of July when the BCI National Tournament comes to town. Look out. There is actually 40 NBA players and 2 WNBA players who have played in this tournament as youngersters. Then I have serious withdrawels until November.
Old Mon Feb 14, 2000, 02:48pm
In Memoriam

quote:
Originally posted by BK on 02-13-2000 03:39 PM
Hey Mick,
I was at Lake Fork last week--caught 13 one day, all in the 14-23 slot. None under 3#, biggest was 6#. Looking forward to going back after the playoffs!!! Fork is 1 hour from my house!

BK,
I am Green with envy! What color? Bright red Trap? The Ice is so thick U.P. here, it would take two days to carve a 40' trench so I could make a cast.
mick
Old Wed Feb 16, 2000, 12:46am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to BK
quote:
Originally posted by mick on 02-14-2000 01:48 PM
BK,
I am Green with envy! What color? Bright red Trap? The Ice is so thick U.P. here, it would take two days to carve a 40' trench so I could make a cast.
mick

Caught them suspended at about 15 feet in 25 foot water. In the main lake on a submerged roadbed. We were using 5" PhotoShad with a 3/4 oz. Jighead. Throw it out, count to ten, and reel in SLOW. It has been over 70 here for the last 10 days (80 the last 2), Im sure that they are starting to look at the creeks with SEX on the brain! Fun Fun Fun!