The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 25, 2002, 03:48pm
Official Forum Member

Did Those Whistles Taste Good

First of all...this is a week or so late....and second of all...I am a UC fan. That said....

I was wondering....did anyone think that Stokes got fouled at the end of the UC / UCLA game's 1st OT?

To my point...I am wondering, did the whistles get held becase the contact was with 5 seconds left? Admittedly, I had a TV angle and not the lead's angle. It looked to me that the defense (UCLA) got a clear advantage out of the deal.

So anyway, I'm sitting there and I'm thinking....Man thats pressure. All hell breaking loose right in front of you...5 seconds left...tie game...Overtime....national TV....thats pressure. So did they eat em? Stokes said he asked why he didn't get a call and the lead allegedly said "because you didnt have control of the ball".

Oh, I'm not lobbying that UC got hosed. They had their chances to win and on that day....UCLA was 1% better. But I was left wondering...man that would have been a helluva game to work...and man I'm glad it wasnt me! At least for now!

Ok, fine...I'll say it....STOKES GOT HAMMERED FOR CRISSAKES!!!!

Glad I could get that off my chest.

Anyone out there have any "make or break" calls this tourney season?

Larks - Back and ready to stir things up again
Old Mon Mar 25, 2002, 04:09pm
Official Forum Member

OK i'll stir the pot. I didn't see the play. If the officials said "didn't have control" then it a great no call. Why would you make a call on boarder line contact when the player is out of control?
Old Mon Mar 25, 2002, 04:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bart Tyson
OK i'll stir the pot. I didn't see the play. If the officials said "didn't have control" then it a great no call. Why would you make a call on boarder line contact when the player is out of control?
Again....I had a TV angle...the intent of my post was to talk about the pressure of the sitch and if anyone had any of theirs to tell about.

Larks - "How can I get possession if I am getting tackled!"
Old Mon Mar 25, 2002, 04:44pm
Official Forum Member

Oooooo, Presure, well, Yep lots of presure, no whistle in the last 5sec of a tie game. I can't remember what rule it is, but its there.
Old Mon Mar 25, 2002, 05:20pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
I think I reemeber seeing the baseline camera not show any contact. That is the view a lead official would have. He may have been hammered but the view from the lead was that he wasn't touched. I may be thinking about the wrong game. But you have to see the game from the floor not the high camera angle in order to make the call.