The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Mar 24, 2002, 09:37pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to johnSandlin Send a message via Yahoo to johnSandlin
Thumbs up

Please allow me to give some props to D-1 mens official Zelton Steed. He was the black official in the Maryland/UConn game today. I think he was one of the younger, excellent mens official at the D-1 level. All the games I have seen him work this year including today's game he has done an excellent job in. What do you think??
Old Mon Mar 25, 2002, 01:54am
Official Forum Member

zelton steed

i dont think zelton is as young as you think. over the past couple of seasons he has really put on some weight. i think that the fact that he is getting older has something to do with this. all and all i think he is a good official. the one official that i love is paul jannsen. he worked the maryland game in the sweet 16.

[Deleted by Moderator]

good luck and take care.

mightyvol

[Edited by Brad on Mar 25th, 2002 at 01:16 AM]
Old Mon Mar 25, 2002, 09:42am
Official Forum Member

I have to agree with you. Paul Jansen is also another D-1 official that has done a good job. I watched him work with Ed Hightower, Steve Welmer the other and I thought I did a very nice as well.
Old Mon Mar 25, 2002, 09:44am
Official Forum Member

I have to agree with you. Paul Jansen is also another D-1 official that has done a good job. I watched him work with Ed Hightower, Steve Welmer the other night and I thought I did a very nice job as well.
Old Mon Mar 25, 2002, 09:46am
Official Forum Member

If your looking for a young guy to watch at the NCAA tournament level, take a look at Joe Lindsay. Very young guy in his early 30's who has worked two consecutive sweet sixteen's. He does a very nice job and represents the type of quality a young official should want to follow. He worked the UCLA game this past weekend.
Old Mon Mar 25, 2002, 03:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BBarnaky
If your looking for a young guy to watch at the NCAA tournament level, take a look at Joe Lindsay. Very young guy in his early 30's who has worked two consecutive sweet sixteen's. He does a very nice job and represents the type of quality a young official should want to follow. He worked the UCLA game this past weekend.
He worked a game at GW (with Jim Burr and David Day), and I was VERY impressed! He was a great official - clear mechanics, near-perfect positioning, and wonderful judgement on calls. This guy could go far in the officiating world.