The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 21, 2002, 10:05pm
Official Forum Member

Angry

Enough said.

I'm upset.

I'm still in 3rd place.... third from the bottom...

Ren
Old Thu Mar 21, 2002, 10:16pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Jeremy Hohn Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Hohn
Red face Typical.....

They showed a shot of Mike K. after the missed free throw by Jason Williams and as he was walking off, and the officials were trying to get off the floor, both he and some bench scrubs were berating the officials big time. I have a hard time respecting someone that had their star player choke on the line, and then go after the officials first....JMO......
Old Thu Mar 21, 2002, 10:17pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Geeze, anyone *not* pick Duke?

BTW, I really didn't get a good look at the replay on that
last sequence. Did the Duke shooter get fouled or not?
From waht I saw on the midcourt camera I would have to
say he did, but I missed the baseline replay....
Old Thu Mar 21, 2002, 10:28pm
Do not give a damn!!

Thumbs up Great game

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref

If you are talking about the 3 Jason Williams shot, yes. I think it was Coverdale that fouled him. Really unneccessary to try to contest that shot. It was not like the 3 was going to tie or win the game.

Jason Williams just choked on the line and could have had the game in overtime. I am glad that Duke lost, but feel bad for Jason Williams in that situation. These are still young men and I hope he can bounce back and move on from this disappointment.

BTW, the good thing is that everyone else did pick Duke. That lost did not hurt my bracket.

Peace
Old Thu Mar 21, 2002, 10:45pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Re: Great game

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Quote:

If you are talking about the 3 Jason Williams shot, yes. I think it was Coverdale that fouled him. Really unneccessary to try to contest that shot. It was not like the 3 was going to tie or win the game.

Peace
No, I mean the action after the missed FT
Old Thu Mar 21, 2002, 10:49pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Great game

Quote:

No, I mean the action after the missed FT
From the midcourt camera, it did look like a foul, but it looked very clean from the baseline camera.

Mike Dunleavy's look at the refs there, though - not clean at all!
Old Thu Mar 21, 2002, 11:16pm
Official Forum Member

I have nothing on the Boozer rebound and missed shot.
Old Fri Mar 22, 2002, 10:31am
Esteemed Participant

I didn't think there was a foul on Boozer...I also had a different take on what Coach K did at the end - he went down the baseline to corral one of his players from the bench who was being an *** to the refs as they left the court...his facial expressions pretty much summed up his feelings - but it didn't look like he was saying or doing anything to the refs...I heard on the radio this a.m. that the NCAA is reviewing the situation and is upset with whoever the player on Duke's bench was (can't remember the name they gave)
Old Fri Mar 22, 2002, 10:39am
Official Forum Member

Re: Typical.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Hohn
They showed a shot of Mike K. after the missed free throw by Jason Williams and as he was walking off, and the officials were trying to get off the floor, both he and some bench scrubs were berating the officials big time. I have a hard time respecting someone that had their star player choke on the line, and then go after the officials first....JMO......
I believe rockyroad was closer on this one. Coach K was down there trying to contain the irate and incredibly stupid bench player who was going after the officials. However, after he saw that the officers had the situation under control he turned to walk back towards the court and said to the second official through "that was bad" and then kept walking. There were a couple of key camera angles where even amateur lip readers were treated to profanity. When Williams was fouled on the three, after IU coach Davis? beat his head on the chair he came up and yelled towards his players on the court "what the f*** are you doing". Then when Williams missed the free throw, he just sorta froze and said simply "f***" and of course, the camera was right there to catch it.
Old Fri Mar 22, 2002, 11:18am
Official Forum Member

I agree it was WEAK. After coach K gives his post game comments about No One person or official lost the game for them the commontators expressed the class act of coach K. It may have been a class act in post game comments but it certainly was not a class act to the officials walking off the floor.
Old Fri Mar 22, 2002, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Typical.....

[QUOTE]Originally posted by devdog69
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Hohn
When Williams was fouled on the three, after IU coach Davis? beat his head on the chair he came up and yelled towards his players on the court "what the f*** are you doing".
Can you really blame him? If I were the coach of IU, I'd be pulling more than a Bob Knight in that situation!!
Old Fri Mar 22, 2002, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

I'm not in any pools, but was rooting for Duke. Duke clearly lost the game on their own IMHO. Their offense was horrible, their rebounding non-existant, they were in bigger foul trouble, and blew the easy ones. Indy played shakey, early in the first half and then played solid ball through the end of the game. They were the better team last night and earned the win. I thought the block/charge calls were harder on Duke and the resulting foul problems caused them back off in the paint where Indy took over.
Great Game!! Officials did a good job overall, IMHO. Boozer no-call looked iffy from the couch.
EG
Old Sat Mar 23, 2002, 12:34am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to moose69
Smile

Go Tarheels.
enough said
HAHA
Old Sat Mar 23, 2002, 08:37am
Official Forum Member

Frankly, I fell asleep when the Hoosiers were down 17. I've only managed to see the replay once, but I thought that the officials passed on a pretty good push by Boozer on Jefries that enabled him to get the last rebound. Anybody else see it?
Old Mon Mar 25, 2002, 10:53am
Official Forum Member

Re: Great game

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
[B BTW, the good thing is that everyone else did pick Duke. That lost did not hurt my bracket.

Peace [/B]
Hey, Rut. You had them in the championship game against Maryland, I think that hurt your bracket some. Not everyone picked Duke, eh hemmm.