The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Mar 17, 2002, 09:29pm
Administrator

Did anyone notice Oklahoma-24 and the undershirt he was wearing in the game. NCAA R4-S5-A9 is the appropriate section of the rules that cover ripped and cutoff sleeves on undershirts. His shirt looked just liked the ones I see on jr. H.S. kids. Just an observation.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Mon Mar 18, 2002, 03:58pm
Official Forum Member

One of the Creighton players had a few tatters sticking out here and there in their second round loss too.

But that doesn't even come close to the player whose shorts came down to his ankles on a break away lay up Friday. It was one of the first round afternoon games, I believe. Anyway, if that had been a HS game, I would have t'd the little SOB for flashing all the underage girls in the gym, showing gang colors, travesty, not knowing how to tie a bow, and being an idiot. I cannot stand to see players trying to play while holding their drawers up with one hand. In a single flash that player told all the high school kids it was alright to wear their pants like that. And I thought that little fad was dying out.

I'm sure it's not safe to run down the court with your pants below your knees. Would that have been addressed were it not tourney time?
Old Mon Mar 18, 2002, 07:41pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by tharbert
One of the Creighton players had a few tatters sticking out here and there in their second round loss too.

But that doesn't even come close to the player whose shorts came down to his ankles on a break away lay up Friday. It was one of the first round afternoon games, I believe. Anyway, if that had been a HS game, I would have t'd the little SOB for flashing all the underage girls in the gym, showing gang colors, travesty, not knowing how to tie a bow, and being an idiot. I cannot stand to see players trying to play while holding their drawers up with one hand. In a single flash that player told all the high school kids it was alright to wear their pants like that. And I thought that little fad was dying out.

I'm sure it's not safe to run down the court with your pants below your knees. Would that have been addressed were it not tourney time?
Tom,
Are there a lot of people yelling "Salukis!" in your neighborhood?
mick
Old Tue Mar 19, 2002, 12:08pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by tharbert
But that doesn't even come close to the player whose shorts came down to his ankles on a break away lay up Friday. It was one of the first round afternoon games, I believe. Anyway, if that had been a HS game, I would have t'd the little SOB for flashing all the underage girls in the gym, showing gang colors, travesty, not knowing how to tie a bow, and being an idiot.
When I see kids around the neighborhood with their boxers pulled up and jeans pulle down, it reminds me of that Rod Stewart song (yes, I know, I'm dating myself here)

Me and the boys thought we had it sussed
Valentinos, all of us
My dad said we looked ridiculous
But boy we broke some heart.
Old Wed Mar 20, 2002, 02:32pm
Official Forum Member

Heck, you can't get away from Saluki fever right now. The number one question from non-dawg fans is "what is a Saluki anyway?" followed closely by "well, how bout' them salukis?"