The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Mar 16, 2002, 06:11pm
Official Forum Member

I do not have access to a television. I would appreciate it if someone would type up a list of the officials who worked games Thursday - Sunday. Thanks!
Old Sat Mar 16, 2002, 08:19pm
Official Forum Member

Good luck, bsilliman. That's 48 games! That's a lotta work for somebody to have all those officials listed. I believe that officiating.com is supposed to have them listed.
Old Sat Mar 16, 2002, 08:25pm
Official Forum Member

Yeah I know that. I attempted to go to USATODAY for the box scores but could not find them.
I did look on officiating.com but also did not find them.
If someone's local newspaper is listing the officials in the boxscores give me the name of your newspaper and I will look for them there.

It always seems like they keep the officials names a mystery when I feel that they should be public record, at least a listing after the games have been played. Oh well.
Old Sat Mar 16, 2002, 10:19pm
Official Forum Member

They usually publish them in REFEREE magazine. You might check there in the next issue if you receive it.
Old Sat Mar 16, 2002, 10:45pm
Official Forum Member

Go to http://www.finalfour.net and check the box scores and game stats there. You can find the officials for most of the games.

Yes, the names are kept very secret. Officials names are released one hour before the first game of a session or at the begining of halftime of the preceeding game. Also, hometowns and conference associations are not released (although announcers can figure out some of the conferences from watching games throughout the season).