The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 12, 2002, 03:02pm
Official Forum Member

Does any one know of any place where I can see which officials are going to the different tournaments? Thanks
Old Tue Mar 12, 2002, 03:08pm
Official Forum Member

For (somewhat) obvious reasons, this information isn't made public (at least at the NCAA level, anyway).
Old Tue Mar 12, 2002, 03:16pm
Whack! Get Out!!!

Tune into Officiating.com for complete coverage of the NCAA and NIT Tournaments. As noted, the assigned officials will not be published prior to tip-off, but they will be published after the games have been played.
Old Tue Mar 12, 2002, 03:36pm
Official Forum Member

Cool

Thanks for the info. i had a couple of oficals i was going to try and tape their games.
Old Tue Mar 12, 2002, 10:26pm
Official Forum Member

I'll be at D.C. for the first round games!!

Won't be officiating on the floor, but I'll be at the scorer's table/press row, more than likely.
Old Wed Mar 13, 2002, 01:06am
Official Forum Member

Talking

I will watch for you, be sure to wear a sign, shirt with your name, significant hat so I will know which one you are. If you are in a striped shirt just wear a neon hat.
Old Wed Mar 13, 2002, 07:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
I'll be at D.C. for the first round games!!

Won't be officiating on the floor, but I'll be at the scorer's table/press row, more than likely.
How did you manage to swing this? I know you go to college in the D.C. area. Do you go to Terp University? At one time I thought I would at MCI on Friday and Sunday, but as usual, the plans fell through. Oh well, maybe some other time.
Old Wed Mar 13, 2002, 03:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dblref

How did you manage to swing this? I know you go to college in the D.C. area. Do you go to Terp University? At one time I thought I would at MCI on Friday and Sunday, but as usual, the plans fell through. Oh well, maybe some other time.
I was timing a game out at George Mason University, and the shot clock operator (a friend of mine) mentioned that he was going to be working the tournament (he works regular season games for Georgetown) and that they still needed people for the first round games. I don't yet know what I'm doing (probably not book/clock, though), but I don't really care!
Old Wed Mar 13, 2002, 10:58pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
So you will be one of those 45 people that it takes to run an NCAA game. I thought it only took three but looking that the table I know it takes more. Let us know how it goes and what insignificant(TIC) thing you did to making the tournament work.
Old Wed Mar 13, 2002, 11:51pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Roden
So you will be one of those 45 people that it takes to run an NCAA game. I thought it only took three but looking that the table I know it takes more. Let us know how it goes and what insignificant(TIC) thing you did to making the tournament work.
It's actually kinda annoying. I prefer HS games where we had three (maybe four on a crowded day) people at the table.

For NCAA, we have 2 scorers, clock, shot clock, 1 or 2 minutes people, 3 SID's, and 4 managers - and that's just at the scorer's table.