The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 15, 2008, 11:30am
Official Forum Member

Assignment Software/Internet Service

Here is a list of links for Assignment/Pay/Expense software and internet services. Please share any additions. The list is maintained at http://www.phillyref.com/basketball/suppliers.html.

Also, in some older threads, links to spreadsheets for tracking were included. The links are now dead. Does anyone have a good spreadsheet that they use for tracking and would like to share?

Arbiter, thearbiter.net, (demo)
AssignByWeb, assignbyweb.com
Assignors Asst, logical-solutions.com
Official Calendar & Scheduling isocs.com,
League Analyzer analyzersoftware.com
Official's Record Keeper, mcnellysoftworks.com
Official Tracking, crystalsport.com
Ref Centre, refcentre.com
Ref’r’Ranger, offserv.com
RefTek, reftek.net
RefTown, reftown.com
RefTrack Online, reftrackonline.com
Sports Scheduling, sportsschedulingsystem.com
Stripezone, stripezone.com
WebReferee, webreferee.net
Zebra-Ware, zebra-ware.com
Old Tue Apr 15, 2008, 11:47am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ace
I'm pretty sure the host of this site has something in this area as well...
Old Thu Apr 17, 2008, 05:24pm
Official Forum Member

Great list. I am very interested in starting to use one of these systems. Could someone provide some objective feedback on the pros and cons of some of the systems they have used. I looked at all of them ...some seem very badly designed, well others seem excellent. It is also my experience that a flashy professional looking site does not always equal a good product.

I am looking at a system for assigning refs that uses email and website, has confirmation built in, has ability to deal with cancellations, has the ability to distribute games evenly among levels of refs and is easy to use. Please indicate costs of systems if you know them, that is a big consideration.
Old Thu Apr 17, 2008, 06:38pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckref
Great list. I am very interested in starting to use one of these systems. Could someone provide some objective feedback on the pros and cons of some of the systems they have used. I looked at all of them ...some seem very badly designed, well others seem excellent. It is also my experience that a flashy professional looking site does not always equal a good product.

I am looking at a system for assigning refs that uses email and website, has confirmation built in, has ability to deal with cancellations, has the ability to distribute games evenly among levels of refs and is easy to use. Please indicate costs of systems if you know them, that is a big consideration.
I've been assigned games through reftown, which is run by Camron Rust, one of our most esteemed posters here. I think it's great. You should at least check it out. I have spoken with my assignor who uses it and he thinks it's terrific. I know Camron's too shy to promote it himself.
Old Sat Apr 11, 2009, 03:07pm
Official Forum Member

Don't forget us...

HorizonWebRef.com - www.HorizonWebRef.com

Love to demo the system for anyone that might be interested.

TORY
HorizonWebRef.com

Last edited by HorizonWebRef; Sat Apr 11, 2009 at 03:16pm.
Old Sat Apr 11, 2009, 07:32pm
Official Forum Member

I've only used The Arbiter for basketball and baseball (Not as an assignor though) and it's easy to use on my end.
Old Sat Apr 11, 2009, 09:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to dsturdy5
I have been assigned games via the Arbiter and Assign by Web. The assignor I get games from through the Arbiter is much more tech savvy than the ABW assignor, therefore I have had fewer technical problems with it. The ABW site is a little more user friendly IMO.
Old Sun Apr 12, 2009, 08:03am
Official Forum Member

KSHSAA uses the Arbiter for all postseason assignments now, and I have an assigner that uses it as well. Fairly easy to use once you get a handle on it. Nice to be able to fill out a calendar for multiple sport assigners as well as print it off, and get an email reminder for games and for new assignments.
Old Mon Apr 13, 2009, 08:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckref View Post

The Arbiter is by far the best I've used. It's especially good for being able to coordinate schedules with multiple assignors. At one point I had 7 out of 8 assignors using it which made it very easy to track. Very user friendly for inputting availability as well.
Old Tue Sep 15, 2009, 11:09pm
Official Forum Member

webreferee.net

we've been using WebReferee.net for years now and love it.
Old Wed Sep 16, 2009, 05:06am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
We use Arbiter. It's simple, easy to follow, and doesn't have alot of menus to drill down. I like the calendar features and the ability to block out days, as well as the E-mail reminders. I think it's an efficient tool - but, I caveat the above because it's also the only one I have used.

Our rec leagues still use spreadsheets as they don't have as many refs or games to assign.
Old Wed Sep 16, 2009, 08:13am
Official Forum Member

Arbiter by far is the easiest, user friendly as I've seen and used. There is a reason the NCAA bought them.
Old Wed Sep 16, 2009, 10:08am
Official Forum Member

The Arbiter has changed to ArbiterSports.com.

At least that's what we're using here in Joisey...

Z
Old Wed Sep 16, 2009, 03:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
I've been assigned games through reftown, which is run by Camron Rust, one of our most esteemed posters here. I think it's great. You should at least check it out. I have spoken with my assignor who uses it and he thinks it's terrific. I know Camron's too shy to promote it himself.
I too officiate for an association that has used reftown for the past 2 years. I know that our commissioner has been very happy with it and it's not very expensive. It is very easy to use from an official's standpoint in my opinion, even some of my fellow officials who I know lack any computer skills can use it easily.

If you post here or PM Camron Rust, the developer, I know he can send you a free demo of his software.

No, I don't get paid for endorsing or helping him sell it, just my $.02.