The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Call The T (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/43363-call-t.html)

Reffing Rev. Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:30pm

Call The T

I don't care what the score is and what game it is, it is not the NBA, slam the ball get a T. I don't care who you are frustrated with...Every player knows you don't do that. I'm disappointed with Hightower after that!

jdw3018 Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:32pm

No way I call that. No way.

Big2Cat Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:33pm

No kidding

I have never seen a ball slammed down and go that high without a T. "But he was mad at himself?" Please.

Snake~eyes Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:39pm

Good officials don't call a T in that situation. That's just ridiculous.

johnSandlin Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:51pm

No way on calling the T in this game.

And another note, Cahill and Corbett worked the championship game last year as well, so these two guys plus Hightower...must be doing something right.

Rich Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:55pm

A technical here would go down as one of the worst calls of all time.

Reffing Rev. Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:57pm

Next year when you are reffing a Monday night JV game and T a kid up for doing that guess what he's going to say...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef
Are you stupid? A T? GMAFB.

Just one of many reasons your asses are sitting home tonight and these guys are on the game.

That's all I was trying to say...

Dan_ref Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reffing Rev.
Next year when you are reffing a Monday night JV game and T a kid up for doing that guess what he's going to say...

So you're living in fear of what some JV kid may or may not say to you next winter?

JRutledge Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:00pm

Quote:

I don't care what the score is and what game it is, it is not the NBA, slam the ball get a T. I don't care who you are frustrated with...Every player knows you don't do that. I'm disappointed with Hightower after that!

I completely disagree!!!!!

Peace

fullor30 Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:03pm

Quote:

Nope..........

Jurassic Referee Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan_ref
I was talking to Chuck about this. He says you're full of sh1t.

Tsk, tsk. Chuck would <b>never</b> say anything as vulgar as that. He would say that he's full of poopoo.

BktBallRef Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:05pm

Quote:

If you live in fear of what a 15 y/o kid is going to say to you, you should probably hang'em up.

Reffing Rev. Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:05pm

What rule means you call the NCAA D1 final different than a NCAA D-III opening weekend game, or apply different principles to a HS JV Game...

THE only thing that changes is YOUR ATTITUDE TOWARDS the game... Then you are not impartial, and probably blow off contracts for JV games and make the rest of the refs in the world cover your tail.

All I was trying to say is that it establishes a precedent. Slamming the ball down and being stupified for getting a T will happen next year.

Now, I fully understand why it was not called, I just do not agree with it, and apparently I'm only allowed to have an opinion that is agreed upon by the majority of the board...I digress because I'm full of whatever, or stupid or whatever other name we can revert to calling our fellow officials...

Dan_ref Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Tsk, tsk. Chuck would <b>never</b> say anything as vulgar as that. He would say that he's full of poopoo.

Well, he actually said bunny droppings, I amplified for effect.

Jurassic Referee Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:07pm

Quote:

I don't care what the score is and what game it is, it is not the NBA, slam the ball get a T.

It's not high school either, Rev. Different philosophy. There's a time and a place, and that was neither.