The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Aug 11, 2002, 12:06pm
Official Forum Member

Other basketball games

Hi, I seemed have lost a lot of links ... this is the only one I still have saved in my bookmarks:

http://www.warp.org/tiphorse.html

Old Sun Aug 11, 2002, 12:14pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy Thank you

Thank you Stormrider for your link. It is too bad that you have lost the other ones. IF anybody else has any links please come forward with them in the board. StormRIder, do you remeber what search enginge you used and what u used to search i have searched for what felt like an eternity but havent found a single trace of anything about the game... THx anyways!
Old Sun Aug 11, 2002, 12:22pm
Official Forum Member

One more basketball game

Hi again,

This is the only other basketball game I used to play after school growing up:

http://www.teachervision.com/lesson-...sson-5880.html

It was that game, twenty-one and horse that I remember playing.
Old Sun Aug 11, 2002, 12:24pm
Official Forum Member

Searching for basketball games ...

Sorry for the bombardment of replies, the search engine I normally use is google.com

Not sure what good keywords to use to find these games ... maybe try something like "basketball practice game". Hope that helps.
Old Sun Aug 11, 2002, 12:42pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up Thx for everything

Thx for your search query and the new website, I can't beleive you never played "bump" when you were growing up, i used to play it all the time! THankyou for everything and i hope that some other people on the board can help with websites!
Old Sun Aug 11, 2002, 12:54pm
Official Forum Member

Angry NO Luck

Had no luck with the search query and found the game to much like a drill to be a game thank you anyways!
Old Tue Jul 01, 2003, 11:44am
Official Forum Member

Arrow Rules for 21

The game of 21 is simple. Follow these base rules and if you wish have some fun by mixing them up.

1. Foulshots are worth 1 point each
2. After a rebound a basket is worth 2 points
3. If a player makes 3 consecutive foulshots he must check the ball to another player and try to score against him. This shot if made will be worth 2 points and foulshots will continue.
4. A rule called "dynamite" or some call "eraseies" permits a player to erase antoher players score by rebounding and scoring without your feet on the ground. Its a quick put back of the ball after a missed shot.(optnl)
5. If a player gets 22 because of the way in which they've scored, the score gets pushed back to 11 0r 15 (optnl)
6. There are also specific rules about free throws and with the last shot after a player has reached 21(will discuss later). With free throws if an airball is shot the player shooting gets the ball back until he hits the rim or makes the shot. Sometimes if a player wishes to miss on purpose he tries to hit the rim hard with the ball to avoid a re-shot.
7. If a player reaches 21 a final shot if requierd to seal the victory. The shot is from the top of the 3 point line of from a longer distance then the foul shot. you can use dynamite or erasies on this shot against the shooter. That means the same rules about the return of an air-ball are in effect. The player must hit rim or make the shot. If a player misses the shot off the rim he will be returned to a score of 11 or 15 (optnl). Finally if 21 if reached by a pleyer 3 times he wins the game (optnl)

Enjoy this game and email me with any questions- HAVE FUN!!!
Old Wed Jul 02, 2003, 03:47am
Official Forum Member

In Nevada, we play 21 for $, but our rules are a bit different.

[Edited by Nevadaref on Jul 2nd, 2003 at 04:50 AM]
Old Wed Jul 02, 2003, 09:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by egausch
Quote:
Originally posted by DrakeM
We play the version where the free throw shooter
can only be on the line for three shots. If he makes all three, take it out at the top of the key. If he scores, back to the line for more free throws.
If you go over 21 you goback to 11.
This is the way we played here in the northeast. We also had a put back option in that if you got a rebound while in the air and the put back went in, you got the two points and the shooter was reset back to zero.
EG
I grew up in the northeast, and lived in Hawaii for 20+ years (where we got lots of visiting NBA and NFL players post season) and we played the top version in both places.
Added variations: no OOB for anyone. You could even shoot from OOB. Scoring was like "real" hoop 3's, 2's, and 1's (FT). If you miss a FT for 21 you go back to 11, if you mahe a three at 19 and go over 21, back to 11.

I'm out west now and they sometimes play the "tip in" go
back to zero rule, but your "safe" after you reach 12. Also,
they have another 21 game: shoot a three and a layup (layup is shot off the "three" rebound or makes). Made "threes" count as 2, layups as 1. Consecutive made shots go into the pot. If you miss you get whatever is in that pot for that type of shot. When you get to 21 you lose. So, lets say three players all make their "threes" and layups. "On top" 3x2=6, down low (layups) 3x1=3. 4th shooter misses his three, but makes his layup: he gets the 6 from "on top". On top is set again to zero, and down low now has 4 in the pot. The next player misses his layup so he gets the 4 "down low". A little confusing? Yeah, and usually played as a cool down game, so keeping score can be tricky if you're tired.