The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.92 average. Display Modes
Old Mon Jun 30, 2008, 06:51am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
And in the latest example of "Manny being Manny" (tm), Manny didn't get the number of free tickets he wanted....so.....Manny shoves the BoSox traveling secretary to the ground.

The man is all class.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...ramirez_w.html
At first I thought you were making the story line up... like one of your "it's true, it's true" posts, but now I read that Manny did do this. What a piece of work.
Old Mon Jun 30, 2008, 07:41am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBLUE
Dodgers managed just 3 hits on Sunday vs. the Angels on Sunday.
Angels won 1-0.

All 3 games in the series were shutouts (Dodgers taking 2 of the 3).
Angels totaled 1 run on 15 hits.
Dodgers totaled 7 runs on 13 hits.
First time since 1987 that a team has scored only one run in a series, and yet not been swept.

Maybe somebody drank all Jobu's rum before that series started. . .
Old Mon Jun 30, 2008, 07:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
How about the Astro Dome?
NASA Stadium?
I'm not sure about giving the stadium the same name as the old one. I like the NASA reference, tho. Is there a particular person within Houston's NASA community that is deserving?
Old Mon Jun 30, 2008, 07:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
And in the latest example of "Manny being Manny" (tm), Manny didn't get the number of free tickets he wanted....so.....Manny shoves the BoSox traveling secretary to the ground.
That's definitely not Manny being Manny. If true, it's unsettling, especially after the incident with Youkilis. I would hope for (but not expect) some sort of team discipline.

On the other hand, the only information we have is this one article from a Providence, RI beat writer. I'd like to hear a statement from the traveling secretary, other than "it's behind us now".

Honestly, I can't picture Manny shoving the guy to the floor b/c the guy said, "I might not be able to get you more than 16 tickets, Manny." There has to be more to it. I'm not excusing Manny's actions if he really did push the guy down, but there has to be more here.
Old Mon Jun 30, 2008, 08:18am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
That's definitely not Manny being Manny. If true, it's unsettling, especially after the incident with Youkilis. I would hope for (but not expect) some sort of team discipline.

On the other hand, the only information we have is this one article from a Providence, RI beat writer. I'd like to hear a statement from the traveling secretary, other than "it's behind us now".

Honestly, I can't picture Manny shoving the guy to the floor b/c the guy said, "I might not be able to get you more than 16 tickets, Manny." There has to be more to it. I'm not excusing Manny's actions if he really did push the guy down, but there has to be more here.
Not to ruin your entire day but you may want to spend at least part of the long weekend rethinking your position on Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy and Manny.

In the meantime if you send me your bank account & SS numbers I'll begin processing that $1M transfer from Nigeria.
Old Mon Jun 30, 2008, 08:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Not to ruin your entire day but you may want to spend at least part of the long weekend rethinking your position on Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy and Manny.
You're saying Manny doesn't actually exist?!?!?! That's going to make the Hall of Fame induction ceremony a little awkward. . .
Old Mon Jun 30, 2008, 08:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
You're saying Manny doesn't actually exist?!?!?! That's going to make the Hall of Fame induction ceremony a little awkward. . .
No, not at all.

I'm saying that *your* version of Manny does not exist.
Old Mon Jun 30, 2008, 09:03am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
How about the Astro Dome?
NASA Stadium?
Here's a good candidate: Covington Field. Dr. Benjamin Jesse Covington was a black doctor who worked his way through medical school and then established the first city hospital for blacks, starting with only 10 beds. He also developed the first formula for battling the influenza virus.
Old Mon Jun 30, 2008, 10:05am
In Memoriam

Quote:
You're saying Manny doesn't actually exist?!?!?!
Are you saying that Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth fairy don't actually exist? ( double )
Old Mon Jun 30, 2008, 10:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Are you saying that Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth fairy don't actually exist? ( double )
No, just that *your* versions don't exist.

(And I'd never seen the tooth fairy in a thong before you sent me that picture...)

(Used with permission.)
Old Mon Jun 30, 2008, 10:50am
M.A.S.H.

Well, I just returned from vacation yesterday evening. Had one heck of a time touring 7 different ballparks in 8 days. Our off day from the ballpark was a stop in Cooperstown.

6/21: Philly
6/22: New York - Yankee Stadium
6/23: New York - Shea Stadium
6/24: Boston
6/25: Cooperstown
6/26: Toronto
6/27: Detroit
6/28: Cleveland

Saw a lot of good action and a lot of road time. We were able to see a HR in each game except in Detroit.
Old Mon Jun 30, 2008, 10:58am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1
Well, I just returned from vacation yesterday evening. Had one heck of a time touring 7 different ballparks in 8 days. Our off day from the ballpark was a stop in Cooperstown.
Saw a lot of good action and a lot of road time. We were able to see a HR in each game except in Detroit.
Nice trip.
I only know Cooperstown.
Old Mon Jun 30, 2008, 11:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
6/21: Philly
6/22: New York - Yankee Stadium
6/23: New York - Shea Stadium
6/24: Boston
6/25: Cooperstown
6/26: Toronto
6/27: Detroit
6/28: Cleveland
WHAT?!?!?! No PM? No email? You practically drove right past my bridge! You probably drove right through Springfield on the Mass Pike. I could've met you for a Diet Coke just to say I met somebody else from the forum! You wouldn't even have had to shower with me!!

At the very least, you will have to give your own ratings of the ballparks that you visited. My trip isn't until August.
Old Mon Jun 30, 2008, 12:37pm
M.A.S.H.

I almost did, but I figured you were busy in your off season so I didn't want to bother you. We did dine at a nice little place called Beer Works right across from the stadium. We got into Boston a little late driving through some heavy rain. We drove from Foxwoods in CT so I'm not sure how we came. We parked at Riverside (?) and rode straight into Fenway.

Best park would have to be Detroit. They had an awesome rib place out in center field and a very nice park.

Atmosphere goes to Fenway... it was awesome and the kicker came when Sweat Carolina was played.

Shea was most certainly the worst. They had "box" seating with metal poles all over the place. Didn't give you much room and it felt like you were on a roller coaster. We did get to see the grand slam by the pitcher so that was cool.

Philly had a very nice park too. I was able to enjoy a famous Philly cheesesteak or as the locals call them "steaks". It was great!
Old Mon Jun 30, 2008, 01:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I almost did, but I figured you were busy in your off season so I didn't want to bother you. We did dine at a nice little place called Beer Works right across from the stadium. We got into Boston a little late driving through some heavy rain. We drove from Foxwoods in CT so I'm not sure how we came. We parked at Riverside (?) and rode straight into Fenway.

Best park would have to be Detroit. They had an awesome rib place out in center field and a very nice park.

Atmosphere goes to Fenway... it was awesome and the kicker came when Sweat Carolina was played.

Shea was most certainly the worst. They had "box" seating with metal poles all over the place. Didn't give you much room and it felt like you were on a roller coaster. We did get to see the grand slam by the pitcher so that was cool.

Philly had a very nice park too. I was able to enjoy a famous Philly cheesesteak or as the locals call them "steaks". It was great!
Springfield is about midway between Boston & Albany on the Mass Pike, which is probably the way you got to Cooperstown. You could have hooked up wth Chuck at Foxwood's too, he works nights there in the dwarf tossing parlor.