View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 30, 2008, 01:57pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1
I almost did, but I figured you were busy in your off season so I didn't want to bother you. We did dine at a nice little place called Beer Works right across from the stadium. We got into Boston a little late driving through some heavy rain. We drove from Foxwoods in CT so I'm not sure how we came. We parked at Riverside (?) and rode straight into Fenway.

Best park would have to be Detroit. They had an awesome rib place out in center field and a very nice park.

Atmosphere goes to Fenway... it was awesome and the kicker came when Sweat Carolina was played.

Shea was most certainly the worst. They had "box" seating with metal poles all over the place. Didn't give you much room and it felt like you were on a roller coaster. We did get to see the grand slam by the pitcher so that was cool.

Philly had a very nice park too. I was able to enjoy a famous Philly cheesesteak or as the locals call them "steaks". It was great!
Springfield is about midway between Boston & Albany on the Mass Pike, which is probably the way you got to Cooperstown. You could have hooked up wth Chuck at Foxwood's too, he works nights there in the dwarf tossing parlor.