The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 20, 2008, 01:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junker
Wait a minute, I didn't have time to read all pages, but if we are doing all of our tourney talk here, does that include the yearly "stupid Packer comments" thread? I think that still deserves a separate thread.
It would seem so since the two posts relating to the NCAA Tournament that have been posted under separate threads are no longer available (one closed, one deleted).
Old Thu Mar 20, 2008, 02:56pm
We don't rent pigs

On ESPN First Take this morning, they were debating "which would you rather watch, NCAA or NBA?" Skip Bayless, without a doubt one of the champs in the "I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, but I do it in a loud voice" contest,
said he preferred the NBA because their games are already playoff intensity this time of year, and NCAA officiating is "amateurish at best." Talk about not being qualified to criticize. What are this guy's qualifications?

Lonesome Dove

Last edited by just another ref; Thu Mar 20, 2008 at 10:23pm.
Old Thu Mar 20, 2008, 08:05pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref
On ESPN First Take this morning, they were debating "which would you rather watch, NCAA or NBA?" Skip Bayless, without a doubt one of the champs in the "I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, but I do it in a loud voice" contest,
said he preferred the NBA because their games are already playoff intensity this time of year, and NCAA officiating is "amateurish at best." Talk about not being qualified to criticize. What are this guy's qualification?
He was actually born "Skip Clueless", but ESPN made him change his name so he would not be confused with Billy Packer.
Old Thu Mar 20, 2008, 11:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
summary, Thursday: No OT. No 1's, 2's, 3's, 4's, or 5's downed. No 50 point spread. Pac-10 3-2. Other leagues?
Old Thu Mar 20, 2008, 11:09pm
M.A.S.H.

Big 10: 3-0, 1 remaining tomorrow (Indiana vs. Arkansas)
Old Fri Mar 21, 2008, 02:31am
Official Forum Member

I guess it matters what region you are in but there was a break in the games where CBS went to 10 straight minutes of ads. awful coverage at times. At least they left the ucla game early
Old Fri Mar 21, 2008, 09:14am
Get away from me, Steve.

I had a feeling...

...someone would be 16-0 after that drama-lacking day. Congrats to JYates.

Sitting 15-1 and I don't think I ever have won 15 on the first day and it doesn't seem like an enormous accomplishment.

How many others would've tossed their brackets in the trash with glee had Dook lost. And how many time did we have to hear about the rat being sick on the sidelines?

BTW, I loved the officiating in the Duke game. Lots of physical play, whistles in pockets for the most part. It really benefited Belmont's style of defense and their nothing-to-lose attitude.

Had to laugh when the clock got just below 8 minutes though and the most ticky-tack hand check was called out top. Goes to my theory that once they're under the media timeout threshold it seems as though they're looking for a pretty quick whistle. Now, it's not like when I was a kid going to the WWF TV tapings and Gorilla Monsoon would come out of the back and run his finger across his throat and the match would end within 10 seconds or so....
Old Fri Mar 21, 2008, 09:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1
Big 10: 3-0, 1 remaining tomorrow (Indiana vs. Arkansas)
Surprisingly the Big XII went 3-1, with UT and OU still to play although I only see KU an UT making through the weekend.
Old Fri Mar 21, 2008, 11:26am
Official Forum Member

And we have our first Billy Packer sighting. He's calling the Gonzaga-Davidson game at Raleigh.

I think I should get a stopwatch out to see how long until the first dumb comment.
Old Fri Mar 21, 2008, 11:27am
We don't rent pigs

More from ESPN First Take: Jemele Hill, commenting on the USC/Kansas State game, said matter of factly that NBA refs are cognizant of the fact that "the stars have to stay on the floor," while this is not the case in NCAA. Not sure whether this was supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing, one way or the other.

Lonesome Dove
Old Fri Mar 21, 2008, 11:27am
Official Forum Member

I'm not finding the results in case someone is willing to throw the correct address in here for that. Thanks.
Old Fri Mar 21, 2008, 11:45am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dexter
And we have our first Billy Packer sighting. He's calling the Gonzaga-Davidson game at Raleigh.

I think I should get a stopwatch out to see how long until the first dumb comment.
I don't think you could click it quickly enough.
Old Fri Mar 21, 2008, 11:58am
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dexter

I have friends at that game. They should have that sign with them.
Old Fri Mar 21, 2008, 01:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap
I have friends at that game. They should have that sign with them.
What sign?
Old Fri Mar 21, 2008, 01:16pm
Archaic Power Monger

I'm annoyed from a local fan perspective. CBS was showing the St. Mary's/Miami game and they switched to Tennessee and American. I know St Mary's is getting their butts kicked but its a local team, I'd rather watch that game.