The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 27, 2002, 03:19pm
Official Forum Member

Question

Are the new patent leather converse any good?

And where are the best place to get them?

What shoes are the best?
Old Wed Feb 27, 2002, 03:23pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigwhistle
Since each of your questions is totally a personal matter of opinion, there is not a correct answer for any of them. I have recently switched to the "$" shoe made by 'and 1'. I found them at Just for Feet.
Old Wed Feb 27, 2002, 03:44pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by ReadyToRef
Are the new patent leather converse any good?

Yes - they're delicious. I usually have mine broiled with a light bernaise sauce.

The laces sometimes get caught between my teeth, however. When that happens, I just floss.

Sorry - couldn't resist.
Old Wed Feb 27, 2002, 04:19pm
Esteemed Participant

I don't wear them, but have a friend who has been this season and does not like them...says it is too hard to keep them from getting scratched and once they do, you can't fix it or cover it up...
Old Wed Feb 27, 2002, 04:58pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to BOBBYMO Send a message via Yahoo to BOBBYMO
I got the patent leather shoes this year and I have been on the court in them almost every night. They have held up very very well and I think they are very comfortable . They do have a couple of minor scratches on the inside but you can't see them any further than a foot away. I will get them again when I wear the insides of these out Also there is no upkeep involved to keep the shine looking great.
Old Wed Feb 27, 2002, 06:23pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb Don't have to shine shoes again.

I love them.

My crew and I got them, they looked good all year. All you need to do is a wipe them off with a soft cloth and some water. I have had them stepped on by players and they still look very good. I love them, but that is my opinion.

If you liked the shoes without the patented leather, you will love them the same. And you will not have to spend hours shinning your shoes.

Peace
Old Wed Feb 27, 2002, 06:39pm
9 times

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Shoes are very personal. What works for others may not work for you. The only way to know if a shoe will work for you is to use it. If the shoe makes your feet or legs hurt--don't use it. Find one you like and keep using it. Also, replace your shoes often. You cannot do enough to protect your legs and feet--if they break down, you are done.

This is the voice of exerience. Bad shoes (converse for me) lead to plantar fasciaitis (sp?) and eventually foot surgery (OUCH!! ) Take care of your shoes!!

1999 (2x), 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019
Old Wed Feb 27, 2002, 11:00pm
Official Forum Member

they better be good.....I just ordered a pair
Old Thu Feb 28, 2002, 08:20am
In Memoriam

Exclamation

A college assignor suggested staying away from the patent leather look to avoid looking different from various partners.
Old Thu Feb 28, 2002, 08:49am
Official Forum Member

Wearin' Stripes

Where did you order yours from?

Mark Padgett

Yes - they're delicious. I usually have mine broiled with a light bernaise sauce.
The laces sometimes get caught between my teeth, however. When that happens, I just floss.

Of course, I would expect nothing less.

I went to Peach Belt tournament and most of the officials there were wearing a Nike with a gray or silver stripe on the back. Where can someone order these and are they allowed at the high school level (since they are not all black)?
Old Thu Feb 28, 2002, 10:06am
Official Forum Member

You folks make sure you get your pleated pants to go with those shiney new shoes. And try a little hair tonic to get that little flare thing goin' where you part your hair. Also, those slickers that go under your pants to keep you cool? Don't leave home without it. Be sure to grab your cho-pat for the left knee and the Icy-Hot for the right. And lets not forget the girdle, ah, back brace! It keeps the fans from wondering if referee shirts really do come in Spandex...
Old Thu Feb 28, 2002, 02:29pm
Official Forum Member

I prefer a little styling gel to hair tonic

I saw an ad in referee magazine...I have since lost that issue and I will look for the number somewhere and post it
Old Thu Feb 28, 2002, 07:23pm
Official Forum Member

i love my shoes! They are absolutly magnificent! I would NOT order anything from paul anderson (the guy who is in referee) because 1) You won't get them for at least 2 months (despite what htey tell you about the 7-10 days) and 2) he runs his business very unprofessionally! I called to order and his response was "oh shi*, i just spilled hot cofee on my shirt and guess what color it is?" and he made me guess, terrible service, and that was the owner, paul. But, i cannot say how he will treat your order, i'll dig up the number and post it for you if you like

Doug