The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   I'm in trouble (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/41907-im-trouble.html)

ILRef80 Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:07am

I'm in trouble

Is anyone else in hot water with their wife/fiancee/girlfriend for working a game tonight..on *gasp* Valentines day?

While my fiancee is pretty accomodating with my schedule and rarely complains, she was very disappointed when I told her I had a game tonight.

bigdog5142 Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:13am

I don't work Thursday's...I'm a youth pastor and I have high school group on Thursday nights. However, my wife & I aren't really into the Valentine's/Sweetest Day thing. I get her something small...but we figure if we need a "special" day to tell each other what we mean to each other...well, we've got problems. We celebrate on our anniversary. ;) Interesting to hear about what guys/gals are going through that are officials, though!

grunewar Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:16am

I've been married 22 yrs......how much trouble could I get in? :rolleyes:

PS - Yes, I have two games tonight......

ILRef80 Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:17am

We aren't really big on it either. But, we have always done something for it - and it would be nice to at least go out to dinner together. Oh well.

cmckenna Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:18am

It's why i'm doing a game tonight... :D

SmokeEater Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar
I've been married 22 yrs......how much trouble could I get in? :rolleyes:

PS - Yes, I have two games tonight......

22yrs for me also. I also have 2 games tonight! Doh! I really never even thought about any Repercussions I been doing this so long.

grunewar Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeEater
22yrs for me also. I also have 2 games tonight! Doh! I really never even thought about any Repercussions I been doing this so long.

Are we working together tonight? If so, one of us had better start driving! :p

gazebra Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:21am

went out last night--good/close enough--I work on the birthday, anniversary--very fortunate to have been doing this before her so she understands (not to mention she isn't a big fan of basketball)--so yes, game tonight

fullor30 Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILRef80
Is anyone else in hot water with their wife/fiancee/girlfriend for working a game tonight..on *gasp* Valentines day?

While my fiancee is pretty accomodating with my schedule and rarely complains, she was very disappointed when I told her I had a game tonight.

Picked up a boys Varsity game last week for tonight............the missus was not thrilled.

bob jenkins Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILRef80
Is anyone else in hot water with their wife/fiancee/girlfriend

Two out of three isn't bad. ;)

Terrapins Fan Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:31am

Training. That's what it's all about.

Yes, I am doing a double tonight. That's why I took her out to dinner last night. that's why I gave her the roses last night and the chocolates ( 2 boxes ) and the stuffed animal.

But I can beat Valentines day troubles. Our son was delivered on the 15th of February. I had a game on the 14th and met her after the game at the hospital. She delivered at 7:35 the next morning and I had a game that night too. She is the GREATEST.

I fixed it, sorry.

fullor30 Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrapins Fan
Training. That's what it's all about.

Yes, I am doing a double tonight. That's why I took her out to dinner last night. that's why I gave her the roses last night and the chocolates ( 2 boxes ) and the stuffed animal.

But I can beat Valentines day troubles. Our son was delivered on the 15th of February. I had a game on the 14th and met her after the game at the hospital. She delivered at 7:35 the next morning and I had a game that night too. She is the GRATEST.

Don't tell her she grates on you:D

Man In Blue Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:39am

I have games also tonight. 135 mile from home. Plan to wake the wife when I get home with a VD supprise!

Chess Ref Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:48am

:eek:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Man In Blue
I have games also tonight. 135 mile from home. Plan to wake the wife when I get home with a VD supprise!

:eek: They have drugs for that. Apparently STD are at an epidemic level in some parts of the country.

bgleason@neonin Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:51am

V-Day and B-Day 2/14 every year

It is my wife's birthday as well as Valentines Day. What I usually do is celebrate in the morning before we go to work and the kids to school. Chocolate cake for breakfast.
I also give her the option of coming with me to the game. She usually declines.