The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 19, 2002, 09:09am
Official Forum Member

When is it legal to have more than one player OOB during an inbound play? I know it's a "T" to leave the court, unauthorized, but I've seen several inbound plays with two or three players OOB working to inbound the ball. I think it's only legal when team A can run the baseline, but not sure. More specifically, can I design a legal inbound play, after a dead ball, where the primary inbounder is at the official's designated throw in spot and also place a second or third player OOB as a misdirection, and then have those second or third players re-enter the court?
TIA,
EG
Old Tue Feb 19, 2002, 09:26am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Lotto
Quote:
Originally posted by egausch
When is it legal to have more than one player OOB during an inbound play? I think it's only legal when team A can run the baseline, but not sure.
You're right---it's only legal when A can run the baseline.

Quote:
More specifically, can I design a legal inbound play, after a dead ball, where the primary inbounder is at the official's designated throw in spot and also place a second or third player OOB as a misdirection, and then have those second or third players re-enter the court?
This is definitely a technical foul.
Old Tue Feb 19, 2002, 10:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lotto
Quote:
Originally posted by egausch
More specifically, can I design a legal inbound play, after a dead ball, where the primary inbounder is at the official's designated throw in spot and also place a second or third player OOB as a misdirection, and then have those second or third players re-enter the court?
This is definitely a technical foul.
No, it's not. It's a violation.

9-1-12
No teammate of the thrower shall be out of bounds after a designated-spot throw-in begins.