The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Feb 02, 2008, 08:27pm
Official Forum Member

T or not?

I know...we seem to have a lot of these on the boards right now...but I had this situation today, Boys Frosh...

Called a player control foul on A1, A1 turns to me and says, "I call that a block, man." The players heard him and probably the benches (I put my whistle back in my mouth and then thought better of blowing it. I think coach saw it because he pulled him out of the game immediately), but not loud enough for the whole gym. Whatcha got?

I didn't call the T...
Old Sat Feb 02, 2008, 08:33pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog5142
I know...we seem to have a lot of these on the boards right now...but I had this situation today, Boys Frosh...

Called a player control foul on A1, A1 turns to me and says, "I call that a block, man." The players heard him and probably the benches (I put my whistle back in my mouth and then thought better of blowing it. I think coach saw it because he pulled him out of the game immediately), but not loud enough for the whole gym. Whatcha got?

I didn't call the T...
"... but I'm the one with the stripes."
Old Sat Feb 02, 2008, 08:36pm
Official Forum Member

H2BT but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog5142

I didn't call the T...
Had to be there, but...

I'm not calling that. I actually appreciate communication that is succinct and effective.
Old Sat Feb 02, 2008, 09:01pm
Official Forum Member

I'd do the same - put your whistle in your mouth like you're gonna T 'em, but don't....well done!