The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 28, 2008, 10:20am
Official Forum Member

Screaming Ref.

Uhg... so I had a two game set yesterday. MS travel teams. Feeder programs for the HS level. Good ball players. Anyway my first game went great. It was a blow out 62 to 20 and it wasn't even that close. Then my partner for my first game switches with this other guy who I've worked with before. UHG!!!

So the game starts. Its a 5th grade game. The coach for the red team is chirping but nothing more then you hear normally. The usual stuff. Hes not yelling.. hes just saying things like... "travel??" "foul??" "Over the back??"

I ignore this stuff for the most part. Its just banter and its not worth my time IMO.

Well this new partner he is one of those... "I make it a point to put coaches in there place" types. He comes up to me and sais... "When we inbound after the first quarter, Let me work table side." I say ok, but I'm thinking "uh oh.. here we go."

The last time I worked with this guy he got into a screaming match with a coach. Well... Low and behold.. the coach sais somthing like... "foul??" and my partner starts screaming at him. "THATS ENOUGH COACH!!" Someone from the crowd sais somthing about the officials controlling the game, and he comes storming across the floor and starts screaming, "I CAN HAVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU REMOVED FROM THE STANDS!!"

I just stood there... I said nothing I made no comments... I couldn't beleive what I saw....

Just inexcusable.

Coach.. I dont care if you coached in the ncaa.. this is a 7th grade girls traveling team.
Old Mon Jan 28, 2008, 10:33am
Official Forum Member

Don't you mean "UGH!" not UHG!"?

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Mon Jan 28, 2008, 10:35am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef
HUG??
Old Mon Jan 28, 2008, 10:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef

No.. this guy had me soooo discombobulated... its ugh.....

Coach.. I dont care if you coached in the ncaa.. this is a 7th grade girls traveling team.
Old Mon Jan 28, 2008, 11:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfanmike20
Uhg... so I had a two game set yesterday. MS travel teams. Feeder programs for the HS level. Good ball players. Anyway my first game went great. It was a blow out 62 to 20 and it wasn't even that close. Then my partner for my first game switches with this other guy who I've worked with before. UHG!!!

So the game starts. Its a 5th grade game. The coach for the red team is chirping but nothing more then you hear normally. The usual stuff. Hes not yelling.. hes just saying things like... "travel??" "foul??" "Over the back??"

I ignore this stuff for the most part. Its just banter and its not worth my time IMO.

Well this new partner he is one of those... "I make it a point to put coaches in there place" types. He comes up to me and sais... "When we inbound after the first quarter, Let me work table side." I say ok, but I'm thinking "uh oh.. here we go."

The last time I worked with this guy he got into a screaming match with a coach. Well... Low and behold.. the coach sais somthing like... "foul??" and my partner starts screaming at him. "THATS ENOUGH COACH!!" Someone from the crowd sais somthing about the officials controlling the game, and he comes storming across the floor and starts screaming, "I CAN HAVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU REMOVED FROM THE STANDS!!"

I just stood there... I said nothing I made no comments... I couldn't beleive what I saw....

Just inexcusable.

Bearfanmike..............out of curiousity, give me the initials of the feeder program's High School.
Old Mon Jan 28, 2008, 11:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30
Bearfanmike..............out of curiousity, give me the initials of the feeder program's High School.

GL

Old Mon Jan 28, 2008, 12:42pm
Official Forum Member

I was working a Girls game last week. I'm near the visitors bench going to new trail. Male head coach says to his point guard, "You need a blow?" She looks at him and says, "Huh?" He said, "Are you tired? Need a break?" I chuckled to myself.
Old Mon Jan 28, 2008, 12:49pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes
I was working a Girls game last week. I'm near the visitors bench going to new trail. Male head coach says to his point guard, "You need a blow?" She looks at him and says, "Huh?" He said, "Are you tired? Need a break?" I chuckled to myself.
Yikes!
Old Mon Jan 28, 2008, 01:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfanmike20
GL

Ref initials JM or EM? Ha!
Old Mon Jan 28, 2008, 01:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Nope..... I'm not gonna sell him out.

Old Mon Jan 28, 2008, 01:54pm
Official Forum Member

Is the assignor JM or ST?
Old Mon Jan 28, 2008, 02:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCityRef

jm

I already talked to JM about it.

Old Mon Jan 28, 2008, 02:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
So it's not Jerry Markbreit or Ed Montague?
Old Mon Jan 28, 2008, 02:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
So it's not Jerry Markbreit or Ed Montague?
LOL.. no.... I think they were busy that day.

Old Tue Jan 29, 2008, 04:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCityRef

Mad............ are you in the area or used to be? You seemed to nail the assignors.