The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Thank you all (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/41265-thank-you-all.html)

som44 Tue Jan 22, 2008 02:14pm

Thank you all

Though I don't post very often I do use this sight for education etc. I recently got assigned my first state playoff game (six years patched) and attribute much of it to this site. Thanks all for taking the time to make this site a valuable learning tool.

Jurassic Referee Tue Jan 22, 2008 02:17pm

Congratulations. You get the props, not us.

btaylor64 Tue Jan 22, 2008 02:24pm

Well congratulations! Thats great to hear.

tjones1 Tue Jan 22, 2008 02:25pm

Congratulations! Be sure to tell us how it went! Good luck and have fun out there!!

Splute Tue Jan 22, 2008 02:27pm

Awesome!! Its always great to hear success stories. Congratz!!!

JRutledge Tue Jan 22, 2008 02:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by som44
Though I don't post very often I do use this sight for education etc. I recently got assigned my first state playoff game (six years patched) and attribute much of it to this site. Thanks all for taking the time to make this site a valuable learning tool.

Congratulations on your big assignment.

Give yourself some credit for knowing what to do and what not to do. We do not have all the answers. I am sure you were doing things we had nothing to do with. Enjoy your games, they should be fun.

Peace

Mark Padgett Tue Jan 22, 2008 03:21pm

So is the check in the mail, or what?

rockyroad Tue Jan 22, 2008 03:29pm

Congrats! Be sure to give us some info after all the games are done!

fullor30 Tue Jan 22, 2008 04:15pm

Quote:

I am humbled. What State?

lpbreeze Tue Jan 22, 2008 04:31pm

Guam.

ILRef80 Tue Jan 22, 2008 04:48pm

Quote:

Great job! Congrats!

icallfouls Tue Jan 22, 2008 04:55pm

Quote:

It also helps when you give the coaches presents before and after the games so they will select you for those future playoff considerations ;)

Don't forget to thank the Academy, the fans, thank God for giving you the talent .... :D

oh yea, congrats!

BillyMac Tue Jan 22, 2008 07:49pm

Proper To Solicit Games ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by icallfouls
It also helps when you give the coaches presents before and after the games so they will select you for those future playoff considerations.

One time, I got out of the shower early enough to hear the tail end of a conversation in which my partner asked the winning coach to vote for him for the state tournament. Our Connecticut State IAABO Board specifically forbids officials from soliciting games. I thought that this was in poor taste, but I didn't report him because I didn't hear the entire conversaiton.

som44 Tue Jan 22, 2008 09:19pm

For those who asked..I am in New Hampshire

mick Wed Jan 23, 2008 08:30am

Quote:

I recently got assigned my first state playoff game....

Attaboy!