The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Thank you all (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/41265-thank-you-all.html)

som44 Tue Jan 22, 2008 02:14pm

Thank you all

Though I don't post very often I do use this sight for education etc. I recently got assigned my first state playoff game (six years patched) and attribute much of it to this site. Thanks all for taking the time to make this site a valuable learning tool.

Jurassic Referee Tue Jan 22, 2008 02:17pm

Congratulations. You get the props, not us.

btaylor64 Tue Jan 22, 2008 02:24pm

Well congratulations! Thats great to hear.

tjones1 Tue Jan 22, 2008 02:25pm

Congratulations! Be sure to tell us how it went! Good luck and have fun out there!!

Splute Tue Jan 22, 2008 02:27pm

Awesome!! Its always great to hear success stories. Congratz!!!

JRutledge Tue Jan 22, 2008 02:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by som44
Though I don't post very often I do use this sight for education etc. I recently got assigned my first state playoff game (six years patched) and attribute much of it to this site. Thanks all for taking the time to make this site a valuable learning tool.

Congratulations on your big assignment.

Give yourself some credit for knowing what to do and what not to do. We do not have all the answers. I am sure you were doing things we had nothing to do with. Enjoy your games, they should be fun.

Peace

Mark Padgett Tue Jan 22, 2008 03:21pm

So is the check in the mail, or what?

rockyroad Tue Jan 22, 2008 03:29pm

Congrats! Be sure to give us some info after all the games are done!

fullor30 Tue Jan 22, 2008 04:15pm

Quote:

I am humbled. What State?

lpbreeze Tue Jan 22, 2008 04:31pm

Guam.

ILRef80 Tue Jan 22, 2008 04:48pm

Quote:

Great job! Congrats!

icallfouls Tue Jan 22, 2008 04:55pm

Quote:

It also helps when you give the coaches presents before and after the games so they will select you for those future playoff considerations ;)

Don't forget to thank the Academy, the fans, thank God for giving you the talent .... :D

oh yea, congrats!

BillyMac Tue Jan 22, 2008 07:49pm

Proper To Solicit Games ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by icallfouls
It also helps when you give the coaches presents before and after the games so they will select you for those future playoff considerations.

One time, I got out of the shower early enough to hear the tail end of a conversation in which my partner asked the winning coach to vote for him for the state tournament. Our Connecticut State IAABO Board specifically forbids officials from soliciting games. I thought that this was in poor taste, but I didn't report him because I didn't hear the entire conversaiton.

som44 Tue Jan 22, 2008 09:19pm

For those who asked..I am in New Hampshire

mick Wed Jan 23, 2008 08:30am

Quote:

I recently got assigned my first state playoff game....

Attaboy!

Nevadaref Wed Jan 23, 2008 09:04am

Congrats, and a bit of advice. DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING!!! Just call your normal game. You were selected because people respect the job you do. I've seen too many officials attempt to alter the way they call in their first playoff/championship game because they think this is different because it is the playoffs/a championship contest, and it usually doesn't work out well.

icallfouls Wed Jan 23, 2008 02:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac
One time, I got out of the shower early enough to hear the tail end of a conversation in which my partner asked the winning coach to vote for him for the state tournament. Our Connecticut State IAABO Board specifically forbids officials from soliciting games. I thought that this was in poor taste, but I didn't report him because I didn't hear the entire conversaiton.

It was a joke :rolleyes:

BillyMac Wed Jan 23, 2008 07:14pm

No Joke

Quote:

It was a joke :rolleyes:

My post wasn't a joke. It really happened.

Camron Rust Thu Jan 24, 2008 02:38am

Quote:

It also helps when you give the coaches presents before and after the games so they will select you for those future playoff considerations ;)

Don't forget to thank the Academy, the fans, thank God for giving you the talent .... :D

oh yea, congrats!

So that's how you did it! :eek: