The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 23, 2008, 07:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac
Is this the same "experienced committee" that changed the rule a few years ago to now allow coaches to call, OK, I really mean request, time outs during situations when the attention of all two, or three, officials need to be on the ten players, like during a trap, just previous to a held ball, just before an official is about to call traveling, a foul, out of bounds, a five second count, a ten second count, etc.

I this the same "experienced committee" that failed to proofread the rule book a several years ago, and "accidently" left out the lineup request when several substitues enter at the same time, and had to put it back in the rule book a few years ago.

I would like to know who is on this "experienced committee", officials, coaches, athletic directors, interpreters from various officials organizations, boards, or associations?
Nevada doesn't question he just does.
Old Thu Jan 24, 2008, 04:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac
Is this the same "experienced committee" that changed the rule a few years ago to now allow coaches to call, OK, I really mean request, time outs during situations when the attention of all two, or three, officials need to be on the ten players, like during a trap, just previous to a held ball, just before an official is about to call traveling, a foul, out of bounds, a five second count, a ten second count, etc.

I this the same "experienced committee" that failed to proofread the rule book a several years ago, and "accidently" left out the lineup request when several substitues enter at the same time, and had to put it back in the rule book a few years ago.

I would like to know who is on this "experienced committee", officials, coaches, athletic directors, interpreters from various officials organizations, boards, or associations?
While they are human and make mistakes just as anyone else does, the fact remains that each and every member of that committee has more experience with HS basketball than young deecee does.

While I don't like it that coaches can request a time-out during play, I do and will continue to correctly apply that rule until the NFHS committee sees fit to change it. On the other hand the attitude of deecee is that when he doesn't like a rule, he just won't apply it. Can you imagine him having this conversation with a coach?

Coach: Didn't you hear me asking for a time-out.
deecee: Yes, but I didn't give it to you.
Coach: Why not?
deecee: Because it is a bad rule and I don't like it, so I'm not going to follow it in my games.

What treat he must be on the court.