The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 18, 2008, 04:41pm
Official Forum Member

Has anyone used....

...the Outlook Export feature in Arbiter? I can't seem to get it to work. I asked our assigner if there was some trick to it, and he didn't know either.

It's a new feature they added this year, but I don't think that there is anyway on the site to contact customer support. They just refer you to your assignor.

Last edited by WhistlesAndStripes; Fri Jan 18, 2008 at 04:53pm.
Old Fri Jan 18, 2008, 05:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes
...the Outlook Export feature in Arbiter? I can't seem to get it to work. I asked our assigner if there was some trick to it, and he didn't know either.

It's a new feature they added this year, but I don't think that there is anyway on the site to contact customer support. They just refer you to your assignor.
And this does what for us technically challenged?
Old Fri Jan 18, 2008, 05:08pm
Archaic Power Monger

I just tried it and I couldn't get it to work either. When you click on the "Export" button, a window pops up for a second and then disappears. Is that the problem you're having?
Old Fri Jan 18, 2008, 05:10pm
Official Forum Member

The Outlook Export feature works great in Reftown.
Old Fri Jan 18, 2008, 05:14pm
Archaic Power Monger

I think they're having an issue with exporting in Excel formats (CSV, XLS, etc) because I just tried to run a Schedule report with Excel as the format and it was doing the same thing.

Here's the technical support information I found on the website...

Tel: (801) 576-9436
Fax: (801) 576-1251
[email protected]

They said support is available to assigners only but maybe you can talk to them.

Last edited by Welpe; Fri Jan 18, 2008 at 05:17pm.
Old Fri Jan 18, 2008, 05:39pm
Official Forum Member

I've also tried, without success, to get the Outlook export feature to work; I was able to export my association's roster in Excel format (cept for the email addresses, they didn't show up).

I sent The Arbiter a couple of suggestions relating to a WAP interface for the site; they responded fairly quickly.
Old Fri Jan 18, 2008, 05:48pm
Official Forum Member

I have used it several times without a problem. Make sure you have the date range entered properly and click export. It does come up in a seperate window within Internet Explorer as an Excel sheet. You can then save it as a file on your computer.
So maybe you need to hold down your control key and click export to avoid any popup blockers.

I export the schedule and then import back into Google calendar and it works great. I have sent in a support message to put the game level in the export, it is missing.
Old Fri Jan 18, 2008, 06:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe
I just tried it and I couldn't get it to work either. When you click on the "Export" button, a window pops up for a second and then disappears. Is that the problem you're having?
This is the exact problem I'm having.
Old Fri Jan 18, 2008, 06:59pm
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes
This is the exact problem I'm having.
Try what 3SPORT suggested. Hold CTRL down and click "Export". That should get the window to pop up. I tried doing that and it worked, then I came on the forum and 3SPORT had suggested it as well so I think that is the ticket. I had disabled my pop up blocker but it was still not working until I tried the CTRL-click sequence.

Once the window pops up, choose to save the file to your computer and then import it into Outlook.
Old Fri Jan 18, 2008, 07:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SPORT
I have used it several times without a problem. Make sure you have the date range entered properly and click export. It does come up in a seperate window within Internet Explorer as an Excel sheet. You can then save it as a file on your computer.
So maybe you need to hold down your control key and click export to avoid any popup blockers.

I export the schedule and then import back into Google calendar and it works great. I have sent in a support message to put the game level in the export, it is missing.
You, my friend, are a genius.

I had disabled my popup blocker when trying it before, but for some reason, it still "blocks" this. But using the control key worked.

Thanks.

Mods, feel free to shut this thread down.
Old Fri Jan 18, 2008, 07:52pm
Official Forum Member

What is Arbitor?
Old Sat Jan 19, 2008, 12:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltdoggs
What is Arbitor?
http://www.thearbiter.net