The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 16, 2008, 02:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes
The dreaded double-whistle is something that MUST be discussed in every pregame, with the emphasis on NO PRELIMINARY SIGNAL if two of you blow on the same play. Discuss with your partners ahead of time how it will then be handled. We generally say, if there's a double whistle, give it to the person who's primary it is.
W&S...that's sound advice right there....if I haven't covered that with my P before hand, you bet your butt that's what I'm saying when we meet up on the court to sort it out....If it's mine, I'm taking it, if his/her, they get it...

Oh, and in reference to your sig....SHAKE AND BAKE!
Old Wed Jan 16, 2008, 02:35pm
Official Forum Member

Yup, I agree with everyone. We were sloppy. I was with my normal crew and we didn't discuss it in pregame, we were talking about other things. BTW, in reference to both of the last posts, I like to picture Jesus in one of those tuxedo t-shirts cause it says I'm formal, but I'm here to party. 'Cause I like to party.
Old Wed Jan 16, 2008, 07:20pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Blarge ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo21
Didn't hear his whistle.
I have no problems with double whistles, withholding preliminary signals, eye contact with partner, etc. If I ever run into a "Blarge", it will be because one of us doesn't hear the other one's whistle. Hasn't happened in 27 years, but, it could happen tomorrow night, and I'm always dreading how I'm going to deal with it.