The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 12, 2002, 11:03am
Official Forum Member

Angry

I have always maintained that +POS was a responsible and class act when it came to suppling officials. I had always argued that people were unfair when they complained about +POS, now count me among the converted.
+POS received my order and cashed my check to them in very short order. Within two days of receiving my check, it had cleared even my bank.
Now +POS has NO records to indicate whether the check was ever cashed and it is supposed to be my problem.
They held my order for back-order items, but never informed me of THEIR problems. As late as Friday, 8 February, they didn't even know where my order was.
I had ordered many items for baseball and basketball officials, hundreds of dollars worth of equipment and clothing.
With an order of this size, they couldn't manage to keep track of the order and now, I have to prove that they received the monies to even get my money back.
I say get my money back, because when I complained to Sylvia Parsons, she quickly informed me that my order would be canceled and WHEN I PROVED that they had my money, it would be returned.
+POS's failed business practices are the problem.
I offered the tracer number for the transaction but Mrs. Parsons sees it to be my responsibility to keep her business running smoothly.
I really regret that a company that was so good, has sunk to such depths.
To add just a little more insult to the problem, the original order couldn't be filled in part because +POS didn't have the equipment that they advertise.
Specifically, the BB316 leg guards, and they won't get anymore for another 6 months.
Be careful if you order from +POS, they can't keep track of your order, or of their receipt of the monies for orders.
Their banking practices preclude them from responsible accounting of the money too.

This post has been emailed to Sylvia Parsons at +POS as I told her by phone.
Old Tue Feb 12, 2002, 11:58am
certified Hot Mom tester

I was told by a consumer advocate this is the safest way to order by phone. Regardless of from whom you order, use your credit card (and not over a cordless phone). Do not use your debit card.

Also, I routinely order by credit card over the net but only using a secure server.

I have never had a problem doing either, but I did have a big problem when I used a debit card. The number was stolen and stuff was bought and the money came out of my checking account before I knew about it. It took 4 weeks to get a credit back from my bank.
Old Tue Feb 12, 2002, 12:17pm
Official Forum Member

Angry

Mark, I am really sorry to hear about your problem with +POS but I am not surprised. They gave me the run around for months. They consistently said they'd get back to me within 24 hours about my order being canceled but never did. It seems they can never find your paperwork. Has this company grown so big they can't handle their orders or are they just not concerned about their customers? (Or in my case ex-customer). I tired of trying to get an answer from them and disputed the charge on my credit card. I think we should all boycott +POS. I hope we're able to spread the word through this forum and our associations.

Randy
Old Tue Feb 12, 2002, 12:25pm
Official Forum Member

Angry +POS a bad supplier after all

I never would have thought that this would have happened from +POS,
I have dealt with Parsons for years and WAS quite happy but not anymore.
I just can't believe that Parsons has deteriorated to this level.

So, who should I buy from now
I was really happy with my +POS equipment that I have had in the past.
I need to replace everything, from shoes to mask and everything in between.
Old Tue Feb 12, 2002, 12:50pm
Esteemed Participant

Try Honigs...on the web at [url]http://www.honigs.com... great service, good prices, and most of the people you will deal with are either officials themselves or are around us all the time and understand what you are looking for...I have ordered from them for years and never had a single problem...
Old Tue Feb 12, 2002, 12:58pm
Official Forum Member

Mark,
As rockyroad said, Honig's is great. Quick service, easy
to return stuff that you are not satisified with. They
are most all officials and understand our needs and that
when we order stuff we usually needed it last week.

However, I have never had problems with +POS either and
have been ordering since '88 from them. Every now and then
everyone will have problems. Hell, look at the postal
service.

glen
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
--Mark Twain.
Old Tue Feb 12, 2002, 08:58pm
Official Forum Member

try honigs, gerry davis, or lesters sports. I think they are pretty good. the only major problems I have had with equipment companies was with the officials choice, I would not recommend ordering ANYTHING from them, because my expierence was similar to yours.
Old Tue Feb 12, 2002, 10:39pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

In my experience Honigs is the best.
Old Tue Feb 12, 2002, 11:59pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation Guys - read my post again

I never said I had any problem with +POS. The debit card thing happened when I was ordering a video game magazine for my son from some company in L.A.

Personally, I use Gerry Davis.
Old Wed Feb 13, 2002, 08:58am
Official Forum Member

Angry

Whiskers_ump,

I don't think this is a one-time thing. Maybe they were great in the past but their views on customer service has changed. I literally documented how many times I contacted them about one order. Ten times!!! The six times I tried to talk to customer service, they always said they were busy, they couldn't find my paper work, they would find it within 24 hours, and someone would call me within 24 hours. No one ever called. This is not a one-time thing! This is a poor customer attitude.

Randy
Old Wed Feb 13, 2002, 09:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by whiskers_ump
However, I have never had problems with +POS either and
have been ordering since '88 from them. Every now and then
everyone will have problems. Hell, look at the postal
service.

glen
Yeah -- that's a good ad campaign: "+POS -- as good as the postal service."
Old Wed Feb 13, 2002, 11:03am
Official Forum Member

Exclamation +POS Update

After posting here and on other boards as well as emailing Mrs. Parsons yesterday, I was given a call this morning to iform me that my order had been shipped and should be here by Friday.

I really don't know what to say about +POS at this point.
I really like their products and have over the years had exceptional service.
I appreciate their resolution of the problem but I am probably not going to do much business with them in the future.

It is at least fair for me to post of the good things that they have done when I can gripe about the bad.

ScottK