The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jan 05, 2008, 10:13pm
Official Forum Member

? dribbler commits hold- bonus

This goes to player control and team control and not shooting a bonus. I saw this about a couple of weeks ago.
A1 is dribbling and the defender reaches in and A1 is still dribbling and he moves away and for some reason grabs the defender. Ref calls a foul the defense team shoots a bonus ft. Is that still a player control or team control call? He had control of the ball. Also if the ball was loose would it have been different? I thought no bonus in both cases.
Old Sat Jan 05, 2008, 10:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpbreeze
This goes to player control and team control and not shooting a bonus. I saw this about a couple of weeks ago.
A1 is dribbling and the defender reaches in and A1 is still dribbling and he moves away and for some reason grabs the defender. Ref calls a foul the defense team shoots a bonus ft. Is that still a player control or team control call? He had control of the ball. Also if the ball was loose would it have been different? I thought no bonus in both cases.
If the player in control of the ball commits a foul, it's a player control foul: no free throws. If a player of the team in control of the ball commits a foul, it's a team control foul: no free throws. If the ball were loose, it would still be in control of the team whose player last had player control, ergo, a team control foul: no free throws.
Old Sun Jan 06, 2008, 02:11am
Official Forum Member

Intentional foul?