The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Tenn vs Xavier - T (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/40569-tenn-vs-xavier-t.html)

TheOracle Mon Dec 24, 2007 06:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRef21
Exactly!!! Even if we disagree with the whole thats the rule we enforce if we want to work.

The media does hate it. Whether it is a POE or not, every one of my supervisors told us that there would be severe penalties for not calling this. At the lower levels we have been told that we will get games taken away for not enforcing: 1 warning to be marked in book when out of box to coach, auto-T on second offense. Auto-T for criticizing officials out of the box. I'm more interetsed in what the observers noted if there was that kind of reaciton to the first T. I have yet to see a coach get warned for coaching out of the box yet, and only a couple for exiting the box to address (undress) an official. They've been very aware and compliant in the games I've worked, which has been a pleasant surprise.

TRef21 Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOracle
The media does hate it. Whether it is a POE or not, every one of my supervisors told us that there would be severe penalties for not calling this. At the lower levels we have been told that we will get games taken away for not enforcing: 1 warning to be marked in book when out of box to coach, auto-T on second offense. Auto-T for criticizing officials out of the box. I'm more interetsed in what the observers noted if there was that kind of reaciton to the first T. I have yet to see a coach get warned for coaching out of the box yet, and only a couple for exiting the box to address (undress) an official. They've been very aware and compliant in the games I've worked, which has been a pleasant surprise.

Likewise. The coaches I have had so far have been good with. I only had to warn a coach once in D3 game. I had a play were a little guy got rejected from behind by a big guy and the coach, staying in his box came walking down and was voicing his displeasure. I warned him and that was it didn't say much. The coaches that find it the hardest and really don't think it relates to them is the JC coaches. There was a situation where my partner got a coach from bench decorum and stepped out i guess. Good T. Thing i hated was that I was right in front of the bench going from Trail to new lead and partner is the C and sticks him from a cross. I didn't see anything since I wasn't looking at his bench of him, just players transitioning down the court. But I did see my partner get him though :) . Sp after that he tells my partner it doesn't apply to JC and all that. Well as long JC's are under the NCAA i think does. LOL!!!

tomegun Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:48pm

The think I noticed most in this game was the fact that one of the officials was noticeably limping around. Unfortunately, it looked as if something was wrong with his hip. Nevertheless, I'm sure there is a capable official in their conference who can make it up and down the court.