The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Holidays (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/40528-holidays.html)

Ch1town Thu Dec 20, 2007 04:06pm

Holidays

So do you all shut it down for 2 weeks in your area due to the holidays too?

My last game is this Saturday & we don't go again until 1/4/08. I was just getting into it... I guess it's back to the ol' youth & wreck ball circuit :mad:

What do you guys/gals do to keep sharp during the break?

zebraman Thu Dec 20, 2007 04:20pm

Nope, I have a varsity game tomorrow night and then Dec 28 and Dec 29 as well. Wouldn't be surprised if I pick one up on the 27th as well.

Rufus Thu Dec 20, 2007 04:24pm

Nope, I'm done until the 4th as well. I had the opportunity to pick up a couple of games tomorrow night but couldn't because of family commitments. There is a varsity tournament going on next week but I'm still working sub-varsity and don't expect to get a call for that.

After about 8 years off my knees are going to enjoy the 2 weeks off. I feel your pain about just getting into the groove, however. The rust finally felt like it was coming off. Oh well, I'm still going to enjoy the rest.

kbilla Thu Dec 20, 2007 04:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch1town
So do you all shut it down for 2 weeks in your area due to the holidays too?

My last game is this Saturday & we don't go again until 1/4/08. I was just getting into it... I guess it's back to the ol' youth & wreck ball circuit :mad:

What do you guys/gals do to keep sharp during the break?

Christmas tourneys next week, I actually have 5 VG games in a 4 day stretch...that would suck to be off that whole time..

stripes Thu Dec 20, 2007 04:45pm

I have a game tonight and my next one is on the 28th.

My legs will enjoy the week off.

Merry Christmas.

Mark Padgett Thu Dec 20, 2007 04:57pm

I'm working a game between some of Santa's elves on the 26th. If I have to call any Ts for hanging on the rim, I'll let you know. :D

Camron Rust Thu Dec 20, 2007 04:58pm

Have one tonight (20th) and then 4 in four days next week starting on the 26th. Plenty of tournaments going on.

Corndog89 Thu Dec 20, 2007 05:04pm

I teach HS so I have the next 2 weeks off and told my assignor I was available day or night for Xmas tourneys...big mistake. I now have 7:30 & 9:30 AM games on 28 Dec, plus a couple more morning games during that week. DOH! Be careful what you volunteer for ;)

Back In The Saddle Thu Dec 20, 2007 05:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
I'm working a game between some of Santa's elves on the 26th. If I have to call any Ts for hanging on the rim, I'll let you know. :D

If Santa is in attendence, be sure to report back on whether he was naughty or nice. :D

just another ref Thu Dec 20, 2007 05:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett

Let the little fellas have some fun. Play the game in Kansas.

MichaelVA2000 Thu Dec 20, 2007 08:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle
If Santa is in attendence, be sure to report back on whether he was naughty or nice. :D

Finished 2 early games today, two games each day through 12/23 and then nothing until 12/26.

Santa's always nice, but Im hoping Mrs. Claus will become naughty later on.;)

MCJB Ump Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:19pm

Have a JVB game tomorrow then off until Jan. 3. Tweaked a hamstring about a week ago so I can use the time off. I've been going 5 days a week since the start of the season.

jeffpea Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:42pm

don't work a single X-Mas tourney or game til 1/4/08. it's off to the ski slopes for me and the family. the only game I hope to watch in Pats @ Giants on Sat. 12/29......I PRAY that the Pats go undefeated so that we all can stop hearing about the '72 Dolphins!

26 Year Gap Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:31pm

Had one tonight. Have one tomorrow and 2 on Saturday. Next week, I have one Thursday and one Saturday. And games the 3rd, 4th & 5th.

NM_Ref Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:59pm

I have 6 games between now and the 5th of Jan...have a JV/V tomorrow and saturday, and C/JV on the 5th...