The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Dec 14, 2007, 05:14pm
Official Forum Member

Illinois Officials Beware!!!!!!

A winter storm is taking aim at Illinois for this weekend. The first wave of snow is expected to begin around 3 am tonight and continue through Saturday. The snow will then taper off some during the afternoon hours, with snowfall accumulations of 1-4 inches possible by Saturday evening. During the afternoon hours, south of I-70, freezing rain and sleet could mix with the light snow, resulting in about two tenths of an inch of ice accumulation ontop of the snow. A second wave of accumulating snow will begin Saturday night and continue into Sunday morning, prodcing another 2-4 inches of snow. Total snowfall accumulations by Sunday morning will range from 3-5 inches northwest of I-72 to 6-8 inches to the southeast. A Snow Advisory and Winter Weather Warning have been issued for Central Illinois from 6 am Saturday through 6 am Sunday. Any small change in the track of this system will have a larger impact and the amounts and locations of the snowfall. Residents are encouraged to stay abreast of this winter weather situation throughout this weekend
Old Fri Dec 14, 2007, 05:16pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Does this mean airports will be closed?
Old Fri Dec 14, 2007, 05:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenref1
A winter storm is taking aim at Illinois for this weekend. The first wave of snow is expected to begin around 3 am tonight and continue through Saturday. The snow will then taper off some during the afternoon hours, with snowfall accumulations of 1-4 inches possible by Saturday evening. During the afternoon hours, south of I-70, freezing rain and sleet could mix with the light snow, resulting in about two tenths of an inch of ice accumulation ontop of the snow. A second wave of accumulating snow will begin Saturday night and continue into Sunday morning, prodcing another 2-4 inches of snow. Total snowfall accumulations by Sunday morning will range from 3-5 inches northwest of I-72 to 6-8 inches to the southeast. A Snow Advisory and Winter Weather Warning have been issued for Central Illinois from 6 am Saturday through 6 am Sunday. Any small change in the track of this system will have a larger impact and the amounts and locations of the snowfall. Residents are encouraged to stay abreast of this winter weather situation throughout this weekend
It snows in the winter. What's the big deal.
Old Fri Dec 14, 2007, 05:27pm
Do not give a damn!!

We are only supposed to get about 1 inch tomorrow (in the area I live). The central to southern part of Illinois is supposed to get the majority of the weather. The two teams I have on Saturday are less than 10 miles from each other. I do not see this as a problem of being cancelled or postponed. I could be wrong, but we will just have to see. I remember they claimed the weather was supposed to be very bad on Tuesday, and nothing happened.

Peace
Old Fri Dec 14, 2007, 07:29pm
certified Hot Mom tester

This is nothing compared to the blizzard of January, 1967 in the Chicago area. I was home from college for break. My mom sent me up to the store to get all the bottled water I could carry. The snow drifts were so high, I could walk across the tops of fences through backyards to get to the store. I am not kidding.

I wasn't an official then, but I would bet that if there were any games scheduled at that time, they were canceled.

It's quite a change living here in the Portland area. We have only two seasons in Oregon - rain and March 14th.
Old Fri Dec 14, 2007, 08:45pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Does this mean airports will be closed?
Prayers, positive thoughts and pretzel mode!!
Old Fri Dec 14, 2007, 09:19pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
Prayers, positive thoughts and pretzel mode!!
Faith, trust and pixie dust....
Old Fri Dec 14, 2007, 09:49pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

As long as it heads east of here, I'm happy. We get to drive 45 minutes into the mountains tomorrow for a G/B varsity double header that starts at 9:00 am.
Old Sat Dec 15, 2007, 12:45am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
I will be on the Golf Course in the AM thinking about yall!!!!!!