The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 06, 2002, 12:33am
Official Forum Member

I just got back from my first play-off game. It was a play-in game (4 vs. 5 seed) in a 1A girls's area (smallest division of schools). It was what you would expect from small schools that finish at the bottom of their area: ugly basketball. As I thought going in, though, it was competitive, with the 5 seed winning by four. Nothing terribly eventful happened on the court, but there were two women who absolutely rode our a@@es the entire contest. Our crew did a good job. I've been a part of a crew when I felt we deserved everything we got from the fans, but this was not one of those nights.

We were getting grief for four-step travel calls. It was that way all night...on almost every call. Anyway, late in the game, one of the two women who had been the most vocal fans of the night says to us, "I've been to 50 games this season, and this is the worst job of officiating I've seen."
To which my R turns and responds, "I'm glad you got to see it."

Can't wait until Thursday night to do it again.

JB
Old Wed Feb 06, 2002, 11:42am
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by jbduke
I just got back from my first play-off game. It was a play-in game (4 vs. 5 seed) in a 1A girls's area (smallest division of schools). It was what you would expect from small schools that finish at the bottom of their area: ugly basketball. As I thought going in, though, it was competitive, with the 5 seed winning by four. Nothing terribly eventful happened on the court, but there were two women who absolutely rode our a@@es the entire contest. Our crew did a good job. I've been a part of a crew when I felt we deserved everything we got from the fans, but this was not one of those nights.

We were getting grief for four-step travel calls. It was that way all night...on almost every call. Anyway, late in the game, one of the two women who had been the most vocal fans of the night says to us, "I've been to 50 games this season, and this is the worst job of officiating I've seen."
To which my R turns and responds, "I'm glad you got to see it."

Can't wait until Thursday night to do it again.

JB
There's a corollary Davism to use when a coach tells you it's the worst officiated game he's ever seen. You tell him that would be impossible. When he asks why, you say, "Because the odds would be too great for the worst officiated game ever and the worst coached game ever to happen in the same exact game."