The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Dec 02, 2007, 02:10pm
Raida357

White Uniforms - Michigan

Anybody know if the MHSAA decided not to adopt the NFHS rule requiring the home team to wear white? I went to a Girls Varsity H.S. game last week and the visiting team was in white. No T's were assessed. Highlights of other games on the local news seemed to show visiting teams wearing white as well. I was under the impression that the home team must wear white starting this year. Did I miss something?
Old Sun Dec 02, 2007, 06:45pm
Official Forum Member

At the winter rules meeting, this was addressed and the rule is as the NFHS states. What you witnessed had to be a scrimmage as no team is allowed to start games until this week. (At least boys start this week...maybe girls started last week...)
Old Sun Dec 02, 2007, 08:21pm
Official Forum Member

The MHSAA has adopted the rule and expects it to be enforced (at the varsity level), as evidenced from the rules meetings and some official letters sent to local associations. I can imagine though that there are going to be some associations which may choose to handle such situations on an indvidual basis. I have encountered several situations (prior to the rule) where extenuating circumstances existed (visiting team packs wrong uniforms, etc.) and would expect that these situations will continue to occur occassionaly. I have heard of a few schools which have requested an exemption from the rule due to budget constraints.
Old Sun Dec 02, 2007, 08:26pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raida357
Anybody know if the MHSAA decided not to adopt the NFHS rule requiring the home team to wear white? I went to a Girls Varsity H.S. game last week and the visiting team was in white. No T's were assessed. Highlights of other games on the local news seemed to show visiting teams wearing white as well. I was under the impression that the home team must wear white starting this year. Did I miss something?
Might have been a tournament where home team is determined by the bracket rather than the building? Or perhaps a jamboree where there are several teams playing on a round robin basis?
Old Sun Dec 02, 2007, 10:45pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Or maybe it was a Kodachrome thing. Everything was a negative for what it really was.
Old Mon Dec 03, 2007, 09:28am
Official Forum Member

I was incorrect...the girl's basketball season started last Monday in Michigan...the boys start today and I have my first game tomorrow! WOOT, WOOT!