The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   A little help (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/39429-little-help.html)

Adam Wed Nov 07, 2007 05:02pm

I've seen a bunch committed, but never seen one called.

Jurassic Referee Wed Nov 07, 2007 05:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch1town
Last night mens wreck game prior to the one and one, on A1’s unsuccessful FG attempt A2 shoves B2. I got the foul (dead ball)

Result:
Team B shot 2 for A2’s T

That's what had me confused. Where do you get a dead ball on a <b>missed</b> field goal attempt?

Nevadaref Wed Nov 07, 2007 06:02pm

JR, I believe that he is saying that the foul by A2 made the ball dead, not that the ball was already dead when the foul was committed.

Jurassic Referee Wed Nov 07, 2007 06:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref
JR, I believe that he is saying that the foul by A2 made the ball dead, not that the ball was already dead when the foul was committed.

Cool. Now somebody 'splain to me that if the foul was for A2 shoving B2, and that foul by A2 <b>made</b> the ball <b>dead</b>, then how can that foul can be a <b>technical</b> foul?

Nevadaref Wed Nov 07, 2007 06:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Cool. Now somebody 'splain to me that if the foul was for A2 shoving B2, and that foul by A2 made the ball dead, then how can that foul can be a technical foul?

It wasn't. It was just a personal foul. The first technical foul came from this: "and some lip service from Team A… Whack!"

;)

Jurassic Referee Wed Nov 07, 2007 06:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch1town
Last night mens wreck game prior to the one and one, on A1’s unsuccessful FG attempt A2 shoves B2. I got the foul (dead ball) and some lip service from Team A… Whack!

Result:
Team B shot 2 for A2’s T
Team A shot 2 for B2’s T

Nevada, are you saying that A2 got a personal foul <b>and</b> a T? If so, where in the "Result" is B2's FT's for A2's personal foul?

bob jenkins Wed Nov 07, 2007 06:40pm

Quote:

Nevada, are you saying that A2 got a personal foul <b>and</b> a T? If so, where in the "Result" is B2's FT's for A2's personal foul?

There are not FTs for A2's personal foul because the personal foul happened before teh bonus was in effect.

Jeez Jr -- you seem to be chanelling VI on this thread (I mean, on this tread).

Adam Wed Nov 07, 2007 06:44pm

Stupid keyboard.

Camron Rust Wed Nov 07, 2007 07:00pm

Quote:

Need a little more info......

1) If the foul was prior to the 1/1, was it before FT shooter A1 got the ball? Or was it after A1 got the ball?
2) If after, was A1 holding the ball when A2 fouled? Or was the FT in the air when A2 fouled?

The way I read it, he wasn't suggesting that there was a FT being shot...just that there were less than 7 team fouls.
  1. A1 releasted a try for FG.
  2. A2 fouls B2 and FG misses (irrelavant).
    • Since the bonus is not in effect, no FTs.
  3. During the dead ball, there is a T on A2
    • 2 FT's due to B.
  4. Then T on B.
    • 2 FT's due to A
  5. A's ball for a division line throwin.
The only time fouls offset is if they are at the same time....A2 and B2 commit their T's simultaneously. If there is any seperation in time (not game time, but real time) they are penalized indivudually and in order.

Nevadaref Wed Nov 07, 2007 07:04pm

That's the way that I understand the situation, Camron. Unfortunately, the OP didn't make it crystal clear in his first post. That confused JR who seems to be having a tough day. :D

Jurassic Referee Wed Nov 07, 2007 07:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins
There are no FTs for A2's personal foul because the personal foul happened before the bonus was in effect.

Jeez Jr -- you seem to be channeling VI on this thread (I mean, on this tread).

Well, geeze, why didn't you say that in the first place.:rolleyes:

Never mind.:D