The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 06, 2007, 01:41pm
Official Forum Member

I didn't say that things were going to into the toilet. I just prefer rotating that way. As I've stated before, the states and college commissioners want us to communicate with coaches. In my opinion, rotating to the table improves the opportunities for communicating with coaches. Obviously you aren't talking every time, but I didn't see rotating to the table to be a problem, so I didn't understand the change. It seemed to be a change for the sake of change.
Old Tue Nov 06, 2007, 02:34pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junker
I didn't say that things were going to into the toilet. I just prefer rotating that way. As I've stated before, the states and college commissioners want us to communicate with coaches. In my opinion, rotating to the table improves the opportunities for communicating with coaches. Obviously you aren't talking every time, but I didn't see rotating to the table to be a problem, so I didn't understand the change. It seemed to be a change for the sake of change.
The CCA changed because they felt it was counter-productive to our first job and that is officiating the game. Not only have I made that clear, that is exactly what was said at the NCAA meeting from Hank Nichols himself.

BTW, they do not care what you or I think for that matter. If you or anyone else does not like it, I am sure they will find people that will be willing to work the games in your place. I am really not seeing this as a big deal. We did this long before this mechanic was in place and we can do it for a few more years after they changed back.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Tue Nov 06, 2007 at 02:36pm.
Old Tue Nov 06, 2007, 05:20pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junker
One of the reasons for the change is there was too much communication. Why don't you get that? You still have a chance to explain all your calls eventually - I'm not doing this though.
Old Wed Nov 07, 2007, 08:20am
Official Forum Member

Are you talking about too much communication and interaction between coach and calling official - or just too much one way communication from coach to official?
Old Wed Nov 07, 2007, 02:43pm
Huck Finn

Too much communication between coaches and officials period. I would bet money we would still be going table side if officials answered questions directly and ignored comments. There was too much yippity yapping going on.
Old Wed Nov 07, 2007, 03:24pm
Official Forum Member

the only time I communicated with a head coach was when I felt there was a GENUINE misunderstanding or LEGITIMATE question. It's not hard to tell when they are trying to be an a$$.

I never responded to AC or any BP unless the bell needed to be rung. Other than that I just focused on the job at hand.

It really doesn't matter to me if I am standing next to HC or opposite. The reason I started the post is just that until I get another/couple more games with this mechanic under my belt - it feels a little awkward. I suppose I said the same thing when they had us going tableside.