The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 03, 2002, 11:29pm
Official Forum Member

I'm back in the (great?) state of CT for Christmas break, and am timing some games at my old high school.

I brought along a striped shirt in case I got assigned to the book, because I recall that the "recommendation" is getting stronger by the year in high school. Before the game, though, the AD told me he had a ref's shirt for the timer if I wanted to wear it. Talking with the officials after the varsity game, they also said that the timer should be the one with the striped shirt.

Was there a huge change in the rules recommendation (I still don't have my 2001-2002 book, as evidenced by my quoting the requirement for the calling official to notify coach of the DQ), or is this just something the local IAABO board does to be different?
Old Fri Jan 04, 2002, 12:37am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
Only the scorer wears the stripped shirt and has an X in front him so that subs know where and to whom to report. You don't report to the timer.
Old Fri Jan 04, 2002, 08:40am
Official Forum Member

I think it is only the book who should be wearing it. I think it helps the players, but I think it it for us as well. We know who to report fouls to, and not have to search for them if there is a lot of people at the table.
Old Fri Jan 04, 2002, 09:33am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
I'm back in the (great?) state of CT for Christmas break, and am timing some games at my old high school.
Mark, just out of curiosity, where are you in CT? I grew up in Milford; right between New Haven and Bridgeport on the Sound.

Chuck
Old Fri Jan 04, 2002, 09:59am
Official Forum Member

I'm from Northeast CT - my school is in the Putnam region. (IAABO board 8)
Old Sat Jan 05, 2002, 07:50pm
Official Forum Member

Mark:

My association in Northern Virgina does the varsity game clock for 7 or 8 schools and we are required to wear our uniform. I'm not sure if the school wants us to do this or if it is just a requirement of my association.