The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Dec 30, 2001, 05:40pm
Do not give a damn!!

Exclamation

If anyone read the post that I had about a HS Girls Christmas tournament, I had a College Women's Christmas Tournament that was just as bad.

There was a team from Michigan that could not score at all. They travelled everytime they got the ball, they could not dribble, and they could hardly shoot. They had their Center trying to bring the ball up the court. They had 6 girls total on the team and their opponent was not that much more talented. The only thing that they had over them was some size.

I can name 30 HS teams that would have destroyed this Michigan team. These girls looked like they never played basketball on an organized team in their entire life. And they one bench player, looked like she was in Junior High School. And they could not even score 30 points in 40 minutes of time.

Sad, very sad.

I can see why officials stick to one side over another. I would have rather had a V8.

Peace
Old Sun Dec 30, 2001, 10:41pm
In Memoriam

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
If anyone read the post that I had about a HS Girls Christmas tournament, I had a College Women's Christmas Tournament that was just as bad.

There was a team from Michigan that could not score at all. They travelled everytime they got the ball, they could not dribble, and they could hardly shoot. They had their Center trying to bring the ball up the court. They had 6 girls total on the team and their opponent was not that much more talented. The only thing that they had over them was some size.

I can name 30 HS teams that would have destroyed this Michigan team. These girls looked like they never played basketball on an organized team in their entire life. And they one bench player, looked like she was in Junior High School. And they could not even score 30 points in 40 minutes of time.

Sad, very sad.

I can see why officials stick to one side over another. I would have rather had a V8.

Peace
Yo, Rut,
"E" me who that team was.
mick
Old Mon Dec 31, 2001, 10:31am
Official Forum Member

Sounds like you're working some real quality basketball lately!

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Mon Dec 31, 2001, 12:10pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Sounds to me like he's stealing money!
Old Mon Dec 31, 2001, 01:11pm
In Memoriam

Thumbs up Thanks, Rut.

Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge

Sad, very sad.

Peace
Yo, Rut,
"E" me who that team was.
mick
Rut,
Thanks for the scoop.
I looked at their site, and they only have 6 players. That's nuts.
I've never seen them play, and I do not know what division they are in. I guess they are 0-4... not many wins and not many games.
We usually have a couple top 10 DII Women's teams U.P. here in our area (Michigan Tech and Northern Michigan), but I think this year is a bit of a slump.
One thing though, with repect to the team you saw, with only six players the defense has to be loose.
mick

Old Mon Dec 31, 2001, 01:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Sounds to me like he's stealing money!
That too. But I think he'd be happier sitting at home!

Gotta tell you that girls ball around here is really down over the past few years. We have a few very strong teams but there are a lot of poor teams. I don't know if it's talent, skills, coaching, or a combo of all three, but it's not much fun to work.

There's some of it in boys' play but not nearly as many bad teams.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Mon Dec 31, 2001, 02:57pm
Do not give a damn!!

Unhappy You are so correct TH!!!

I was at my Mom's home busting my a$$ to get back for this pile of Sh!t. The game started at 1:00pm and I had a Tournament Championship Christmas Tournament game that any of the Girls Varsity Teams would have destroyed this "college" team. It was very much the same as the HS Christmas Tournament that I did before Christmas. This team did not want to be there. They did have a spirt of enthusiasm as the 2nd half started and made some shots. But how many games has anyone had at the varsity level in girls that could not score 30 points in 32 minutes, let alone the 40 they had to score, with a 30 second shot clock.

I love the fact that the assignor thinks I can do these games, but it is not fun that a team does not want to be there in anyway. And when the coach is just as appathetic as the players, it really makes it no fun. I do not care what the gender is, at least play and make an effort. Have some pride in your ability and your team, school, or yourself for that matter. And the reality, the only thing that any of us (my partners or I) enjoyed, was the fact that they gave us $100 to do the game. And not one of us said that we had any fun. And I was working with a guy that does D1 Women's and said, "that was the worst game of my career." So it definitely was not just me.

No fun at all. And would of stayed home.

Peace