The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 24, 2001, 10:57am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to zebrabt
Angry

My partner and I had this situation the other night. It was a fast paced game up and down the court and at times got a little sloppy. One coach whinning at every call and the other just coaching. Here's what happened.....the whinning coach had questioned my partner's call at one end and since I was on his side of the court I told him in passing we heard enough of his concerns and didn't want to hear any more. During a time out I told my partner that I had told the coach we'd heard enough, something we cover in pre-game is one warning is all they get. A few more trips up and down finds the whinning coach on the floor, out of his coaching box right next to my partner screeming at us. My partner does NOTHING. In my opinion my partner didn't do his job. Any thoughts? My partner has never been one to deal with this situation very well.
Old Mon Dec 24, 2001, 11:17am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Jim Armstrong
Backing your partner

In my humble opinion, when you know a coach has already been warned, and then leaves the coaching box, comes onto the floor, and is as you say screaming at any one of you, the coach is begging for a 'T' He absolutely is testing you, just to see if he can get away with it. Your partner should not have let him get away with it. If a guy wants a 'T' that bad, give it to him.
Old Mon Dec 24, 2001, 11:24am
Official Forum Member

Whack!

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Mon Dec 24, 2001, 03:16pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

You need to whack both of them. Whack the howler monkey with the T, then whack your wussy partner on the back of the head and ask him what other calls of his does he want you to make for him.

BTW - definition of a wussy - a guy that gets out of the shower to take a leak.
Old Mon Dec 24, 2001, 05:35pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
If you knew before the game that your partner was weak in this area then you know that it is your responsibility to wack the coach. It is also your responsibility to put that partner on the list of officials you do not wish to call a varsity game with.