The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 10, 2007, 02:59pm
Official Forum Member

Basketball Official Camps in Minnesota

Looking for an Basketball Officials camp in the Minnesota. Looking for this summer. Want to find one that will help me get ready to officiate college level games, Division 2 and below.
Old Tue Apr 10, 2007, 09:22pm
Official Forum Member

Umd

There is a camp July 20-22 at Minnesota Duluth. mnofficials.com has a link to the brochure. I attended last year and it is a good camp. Where in Minnesota do you work?
Old Wed Apr 11, 2007, 11:06am
Official Forum Member

Basketball Camps in MN

I work the Twin Cities with Gopher State. Also have done some HS games in Ogilvie, Isle, and Carelton. Thanks for the Info. Is this the onlt Camp in MN this summer? And is it for 2 and 3 man?
Old Wed Apr 11, 2007, 01:36pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to tjchamp
Brad Panning, also with Gopher, runs 2 - 3 camps a summer. One is geared towards HS (some 2 man, but mostly 3 man), the others for college. You get video with comments, as well as the on court comments. Last year his HS camp was cancelled due to a conflict with a free camp held at the U.

The camp at the U is typically held the weekend after Fathers day. It's been free, and they pay for your parking. You work a lot of 3 man games, and get written evals after the game if I remember correctly.

Check out mshsl.org under the officials corner. There's typically a link in there for camps in MN.
Old Wed Apr 11, 2007, 04:50pm
Official Forum Member

Good Advice TJ. I did not think of Brads camp. Jack Shawn from Suburban runs the ones at the U and I am pretty sure there will be 2 sessions of it this summer.

Last edited by JeffRobinson; Thu Apr 12, 2007 at 10:04pm.
Old Wed Apr 11, 2007, 06:56pm
Lighten up, Francis.

J. Jonah J? A Spiderman fan, perhaps?
Old Wed Apr 11, 2007, 11:42pm
Official Forum Member

JeffRobinson,
I am on the Promotion Level Committee for the MSHSL and while training clinics will be part of the level or tiers for officials in all sports in Minnesota as this is introduced for each sport, there have been no discussions of which I am aware that would make a specific camp mandatory. Rather there will be a training/clinic requirement to progress to various levels or tiers. The current plan is to allow this requirement to be met by different methods, one of which would be MSHSL sponsored camps/clinics but not limited to the MSHSL summer basketball camps at the U of M. For example, a college camp could meet the requirement. The idea is to have the training requirement but to keep it flexible enough to allow it to be met in many different ways.

Contact me offline if you want more details.
Old Sat Apr 14, 2007, 08:49am
Official Forum Member

I'm interested in the list of Minnesota camps but the mshsl officials corner requires a user id and password, I've added the umd camp to my list at philyref.com and would like to add other camps. Please provide info or go the phillyref.com site and click add in the upper left corner to add camps. Thanks.