The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 05, 2001, 10:32pm
Official Forum Member

Play in one of the games I did this past weekend. I am T, so I’m behind and in this case to the right of the play.

Setup - A1 is driving towards the top of the key. Team B is in a 2 – 3 zone. B1 is set in rulebook guarding position. B2 is set also and there is only 2 feet or so between both of the Bs.

Situation - Now comes the problem. B2 is about a foot back from B1, measured as they are facing A1. At the last moment B2 steps forward. From my position I see A1 hit both B1 and B2 at the same time as she tries to get through the space. Same amount of body contact on both Bs by A!.

I called a PC on the play. My thinking was that even though B2 was moving towards A1, B1 was set and also the distance between them was less than 3 feet. Anyone see it as a block? There was too much body contact for a no call.
Old Wed Dec 05, 2001, 11:10pm
Official Forum Member

Anyone see this as a possible false double foul? From the description, it seems to me that A1 fouled B1 and B2 fouled A1, and they both occurred at the same time. At least in this case we don't have the dreaded blarge . . .
Old Thu Dec 06, 2001, 04:18am
In Memoriam

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
Anyone see this as a possible false double foul? From the description, it seems to me that A1 fouled B1 and B2 fouled A1, and they both occurred at the same time. At least in this case we don't have the dreaded blarge . . .
You could call it one of those false double multiple simultaneous fouls that I've been reading about so much lately,couldn't you?
Old Thu Dec 06, 2001, 09:31am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
I'm sorry. This has nothing to do with basketball, but the opening line from the original post puzzled me. Then I laughed at myself.

Quote:
Originally posted by RecRef
Play in one of the games I did this past weekend.
"Play" is the noun in the sentence, but I initially read it as the verb. This made the sentence sound like something Yoda would say.

"Mmmmmmm, play in of the game, I did. Teach you much, I will! Mmmmmm"

Time to turn off the computer!!!

chuck