The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 15, 2007, 11:40pm
Official Forum Member

Washington DC area Basketball

I might be moving into the area of DC and wanted to know what the high school basketball scene was for officials. Is it an association with an assignor or an area where you get your games? Thanks for any and all information on this topic!
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 07:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack
I might be moving into the area of DC and wanted to know what the high school basketball scene was for officials. Is it an association with an assignor or an area where you get your games? Thanks for any and all information on this topic!
I can't provide any information regarding DC specifically, but if you are interested in northern VA, try Cardinal Basketball Officials Association. We cover the majority of schools in the area. Try www.cboa.org.

Tomegun can probably fill in about DC. I know he used to officiate in the MD/DC area.
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 07:42am
Official Forum Member

Zack

There is a lot of basketball in the DC area. If you are moving to MD, you can join IAABO 134 or IAABO 12 or 23. There are also independent associations that are not associated with IAABO. Bottom line, there is a lot of basketball to go around. When & where do you plan on moving to?
Old Thu Apr 05, 2007, 09:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp134
Zack

There is a lot of basketball in the DC area. If you are moving to MD, you can join IAABO 134 or IAABO 12 or 23. There are also independent associations that are not associated with IAABO. Bottom line, there is a lot of basketball to go around. When & where do you plan on moving to?
I look to be moving to DC early September of this year right around Brookmont, Friendship Heights area. Near the National Zoological Park area. Do you know which IAABO section I would be apart of or exactly how to join?

Thank-you

Zack
Old Fri Apr 06, 2007, 04:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I look to be moving to DC early September of this year right around Brookmont, Friendship Heights area. Near the National Zoological Park area. Do you know which IAABO section I would be apart of or exactly how to join?

Thank-you

Zack
I know exactly where that is. Friendship Heights and National Zoo are even two Metro stops on the Red Line. You should join IABBO board 12. They cover games in DC and Montgomery County, MD (the county that directly borders DC to the North). There is some very high quality HS basketball there. Board 12 also has the contract for the Catholic League, which is the best HS basketball that I ever worked.

You can still join other boards as a dual member if you wish, but due to geography board 12 is going to be your primary one.
Old Fri Apr 06, 2007, 10:05am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I can't provide any information regarding DC specifically, but if you are interested in northern VA, try Cardinal Basketball Officials Association. We cover the majority of schools in the area. Try www.cboa.org.

I'm not a CBOA official, but we too do Private and Public High school IN Northern VA. I'm with Bull Run officials. Just let me know if you need any additional information
Old Fri Apr 06, 2007, 11:12am
Official Forum Member

Board 12

Quote:

Thank-you

Zack

Zack

IAABO #12 is your best choice, based on where you will be living. If I can help you further private message me. Good luck
Old Mon Apr 09, 2007, 05:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REFVA
I'm not a CBOA official, but we too do Private and Public High school IN Northern VA. I'm with Bull Run officials. Just let me know if you need any additional information
I started with Bull Run many, many years ago (while my son was in HS), and moved to Cardinal after he graduated.
Old Mon Apr 09, 2007, 06:45am
Huck Finn

Board 12 is your best bet. PM me with your email address and I can get you in touch with the right person.