The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   NCAA Fun Fanboy Thread (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/32781-ncaa-fun-fanboy-thread.html)

Nevadaref Thu Mar 15, 2007 01:04pm

NCAA Fun Fanboy Thread

Stanford is being embarrassed by Louisville. The selection committee will take grief over their inclusion.

The other two morning games are good battles. Davidson/MD and BC/TX Tech

Raymond Thu Mar 15, 2007 01:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref
Stanford is being embarrassed by Louisville. The selection committee will take grief over their inclusion.

Yet Stanford over Louisville was one of the more popular upset picks by the so-called experts.

Texas Aggie Thu Mar 15, 2007 01:31pm

Quote:

The selection committee will take grief over their inclusion.
This is nonsense. If Stanford were doing that to Louisville, would you say that Louisville didn't belong?

I'm hardly a Stanford fan (in fact, quite the opposite), but they had no bad losses and some decent wins. I don't know if they were better than those left out, but they were not exactly a surprise tournament pick, in my view. The committee will take some justified heat, but this isn't one place.

Nevadaref Thu Mar 15, 2007 01:46pm

I disagree. Stanford finished in 6th place in the Pac-10 at 10-8 in league and lost their opening round game in the conference tourney. They only had 18 wins on the year and lost 4 of their final 5 games PRIOR to the NCAA game (which makes it 5 of 6).
Also you say no bad losses???
How about 45-75 to Air Force, which did not make the tournament and 46-62 to Santa Clara, another non-tournament team. These weren't close losses.

rockyroad Thu Mar 15, 2007 01:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Aggie
This is nonsense. If Stanford were doing that to Louisville, would you say that Louisville didn't belong?

I'm hardly a Stanford fan (in fact, quite the opposite), but they had no bad losses and some decent wins. I don't know if they were better than those left out, but they were not exactly a surprise tournament pick, in my view. The committee will take some justified heat, but this isn't one place.

I agree...put Stanford up against a different team in the field and this probably doesn't happen...Louisville is strong at guard where Stanford is not - they rely on the big guys...L'ville pressured the guards and kept them from getting the ball inside - it's more of a kudos to Pitino and his team than a slam on Stanford.

Nevadaref Thu Mar 15, 2007 02:04pm

Jim Burr is working the Wash St. / ORU game.

Nevadaref Thu Mar 15, 2007 02:06pm

The officials are wearing the blue circular NCAA patch again this year.

cmathews Thu Mar 15, 2007 02:17pm

Quote:

The officials are wearing the blue circular NCAA patch again this year.

I certainly wish I was required to wear one of those this year LOL :D

Nevadaref Thu Mar 15, 2007 03:41pm

UPenn making a HUGE comeback against TX A&M!!!

M&M Guy Thu Mar 15, 2007 04:31pm

Quote:

A&M was just toyin' with 'em.

rockyroad Thu Mar 15, 2007 04:31pm

Quote:

Wasn't huge enough...Washington State had me worried early, but then turned it up in the second half. And Georgetown looked pretty stinking good...

M&M Guy Thu Mar 15, 2007 04:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad
And Georgetown looked pretty stinking good...

Georgetown seems to be this year's favorite "non-favorite". It will be interesting to see how far they go.

Mark Dexter Thu Mar 15, 2007 04:47pm

Quote:

Morning games? Do they not teach you Hoyas how to tell time? :p

socalreff Thu Mar 15, 2007 05:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmathews
I certainly wish I was required to wear one of those this year LOL :D

I got to wear one this year. It was pretty cool. Everything was so much more official.

26 Year Gap Thu Mar 15, 2007 07:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Aggie

They had too many losses and not enough wins. Put Stanford against the 6 clubs many thought got snubbed and they probably would be 1-5 or 2-4. Nevada said they were 10-8 in conference. How many of those 10 were against the bottom 5 in the league?