The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 24, 2007, 09:52am
Official Forum Member

new one for me

I didn't hear this last night but one of my partners did. An inbounds play under A's basket. A1 gets the ball dribbles slong the baseline, then trys to "jump" back out to get a shot....Some contact, not a lot, but it was all caused by A1. A's coach wonders why there is no call. The R is right by his bench and tells the coach, there are two ways to go there, Player Control, or nothing, U1 chose nothing... A coach doesn't like the answer (surprise surprise) waits for U1 and says .........."hey you know what, your partner is selling you out" ...never heard that one before...and of all the people we have in our association, I would choose everyone else 2 times as a more likely candidate to sell one of us out before I chose this particular R.....made for interesting post game conversation...
Old Wed Jan 24, 2007, 09:55am
MABO Member

I don't see that as selling out your partner. "what would be yor chioce coach, given these are your options?"

All references/comments are intended for educational purposes. Opinions are free.
Old Wed Jan 24, 2007, 09:57am
Official Forum Member

As the U, I would probably be bothered by that....until I realized it was an idiot coach that said it. Any coach that would say something like that just to "get at" an official would more than likely b running his mouth all night. A) I would consider the source. B) Make sure he was wearing a seatbelt pretty soon. First deadball, I would tell my partner what the coach said.
Old Wed Jan 24, 2007, 10:03am
Official Forum Member

yes to all of the above

Yeah we didn't see it as the R selling out the U for sure..LOL...and yes considering the source it fit, he was down, hadn't been bad, but a comment here or there...and it was late in the game, so there wasn't much chance to talk before it ended
Old Wed Jan 24, 2007, 10:08am
Official Forum Member

one other situation

I did forget one poetic justice situation earlier in the game. Same coach, his kid is called for a push on a rebound...Coach says "I have an idea, why don't we call the pushes at the other end too"....yes he almost got rung up, but didn't....I was thinking to myself, it would be kind of funny if his kid pushed somebody at the other end....Next play, and this is too good to make up, at the other end, his kid (different kid though) gets called for a push on a rebound....quite poetic I thought, and no he didn't have any comments for that one LOL
Old Wed Jan 24, 2007, 10:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmathews
I did forget one poetic justice situation earlier in the game. Same coach, his kid is called for a push on a rebound...Coach says "I have an idea, why don't we call the pushes at the other end too"....yes he almost got rung up, but didn't....I was thinking to myself, it would be kind of funny if his kid pushed somebody at the other end....Next play, and this is too good to make up, at the other end, his kid (different kid though) gets called for a push on a rebound....quite poetic I thought, and no he didn't have any comments for that one LOL
You fulfilled his request. You called a 'Push at the other end'.