The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 25, 2000, 02:11pm
Official Forum Member

Question

"A" coach is given a "T" between the third and fourth quarters . To start the fourth period do you go side out opposite the table or is the "T" part of the third period, and the penalty does not carry over to the fourth period , so go to possession arrow?
Old Tue Jan 25, 2000, 03:12pm
Official Forum Member

If the action leading to the T occurred between quarters, you start the next quarter with the shots and ball out at the division line opposite table. All T's result in ball out at that location, even if it's a double T where you use the possession arrow.

Here's an extention of that question: What happens if you have a one-point game at the end of regulation, then a player from the winning team celebrates by dribbling to his basket and dunking the ball?
Old Tue Jan 25, 2000, 03:15pm
Official Forum Member

Team B's ball opposite table due to the technical. (5-6-4) Do not flip the AP arrow.
Old Tue Jan 25, 2000, 03:21pm
Official Forum Member

Here's an extention of that question: What happens if you have a one-point game at the end of regulation, then a player from the winning team celebrates by dribbling to his basket and dunking the ball?

I wouldn't call a T for this unless accompanied by some industrial-strength profanities or other gross unsportsmanlike behavior.

However, if a T is called in this situation, it is considered part of the fourth period. Team B shoots 2 throws. If he misses both, Team A wins. If he makes both Team B wins. If he makes one, we go to overtime.

In all cases, A1 will be ripped a new bodily orfice by Team A's head coach.
Old Wed Jan 26, 2000, 01:55am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to BK
quote:
Originally posted by Todd VandenAkker on 01-25-2000 02:12 PM
If the action leading to the T occurred between quarters, you start the next quarter with the shots and ball out at the division line opposite table. All T's result in ball out at that location, even if it's a double T where you use the possession arrow.

Since I would be the first one to the door (with my head down as not to see anything stupid), it is highly unlikely that I would see a thing. And as soon as my butt hits the door, my jurisdiction just ended. Ballgame! Preventative officiating all the way to the end!