The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Oct 12, 2001, 04:53pm
9 times

The new season is quickly coming upon us (well, most of us anyway...), and I was thinking about what I want to get out of my officiating this year.

I am still compiling my list of goals and I was wondering what all of you are trying to accomplish this year.

1999 (2x), 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019
Old Fri Oct 12, 2001, 05:05pm
In Memoriam

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by stripes
The new season is quickly coming upon us (well, most of us anyway...), and I was thinking about what I want to get out of my officiating this year.

I am still compiling my list of goals and I was wondering what all of you are trying to accomplish this year.
stripes,
My goal is to alleviate stress.
If this ain't fun, ...I'm quittin'.
mick
Old Sat Oct 13, 2001, 11:00am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
My goal is to figure out the new state that I moved to this year. Especially since they can't get their officiating web site working. At least not with basketball info.
Old Sat Oct 13, 2001, 12:57pm
Official Forum Member

Goals

I want to improve my communication skills, especially with coaches and my partners. I work on this each year but I really want to make this #1 priority. Also, I am going to try and go the whole season without getting angry. I do not want to loss my cool and give a 'T' when one was not warranted. I did that a few times last year, I wish I could have unblown my whistle. I am going to wear a sport coat and a tie (most of the time) this year. I want to look good. I also want to apply the rules by the intent not merely the wording of the rule. Handchecking will be a problem for me, because I have gotten in the habit of not calling it. Got to work on that. Other than that "have some fun". I tell my partners as we leave our dressing room "let's have some fun tonight". One last thing, I am really considering having a prayer in the dressing room. Nothing long but maybe just asking "God to bless America and our families".

Jerry