The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Penalize Insanity 2 ! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/30093-penalize-insanity-2-a.html)

Mark Dexter Tue Dec 12, 2006 02:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Fronheiser
I will let the players exhibit a little frustration as long as they drop it right away. It's the second shot or the persistence or the repeat offense that gets whacked.

That was one of my seven. I called a foul, and the fouler didn't like the call. He didn't draw a T for shouting displeasure with the foul - he got T'd up because he kept screaming while running around and around.

OHBBREF Tue Dec 12, 2006 05:17pm

Rich & Mark - yes you had to be there - but if she had not expressed displeasure on the first and second fouls I might not have shot her down
In the fifteen dates I have worked this season JV, Varsity, Prep, and college, I have given two technicals and an ejection both of which you have read about here - they were a result of prior bad acts that had not been dealt with. Personally I do not plan to leave a mess for others to clean up.

If I am going to lose a conference for issuing a T I probably don't want to be working that conference anyway.
If you give them when they are earned your assignors and commissioners will (should) back you up! If not then why do you want to be in that conference where you are not supported.

emtp Tue Dec 12, 2006 07:05pm

Giving T's

Here's a thought, It's in the collage mechanic's book, we set the tempo and not the players or coaches. A well placed and called T on someone like this let everyone in the gym know what you will not tolerate. We have to be professional, so do they. Also, if you are new, you should have your response already committed to memory so when this happens that it dosen't catch you by surprise

rainmaker Tue Dec 12, 2006 07:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by emtp
Here's a thought, It's in the collage mechanic's book,

so now on top of supervising 10 hormonal teenagers on the floor, 2 or 3 aging hippies at the table and at least 2 or 3 howler monkeys on each bench, we also have to administer arts and crafts? I think i"m switching to volleyball...

Mark Dexter Tue Dec 12, 2006 08:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by emtp
we set the tempo and not the players or coaches.

How many bulletins has Nichols sent out so far this season with this in the e-mail? :p

I definately agree with him, but sometimes I feel that he should just tattoo it on his forehead.

Back In The Saddle Wed Dec 13, 2006 09:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainmaker
so now on top of supervising 10 hormonal teenagers on the floor, 2 or 3 aging hippies at the table and at least 2 or 3 howler monkeys on each bench, we also have to administer arts and crafts? I think i"m switching to volleyball...

Or move to another state. That would eliminate the hippies :D