The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   2006-07 NFHS Rule Book for Handheld PDAs (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/29190-2006-07-nfhs-rule-book-handheld-pdas.html)

BktBallRef Mon Oct 30, 2006 05:31pm

2006-07 NFHS Rule Book for Handheld PDAs

I have taken the ARS version of this year's rule book and copied and pasted it into Word format. I then transferred it to my Tungsten E2 Palm via Documents to Go. I created a seperate category, "Basketball," and stored all the documents there. So I now have the complete rule set, rule changes and comments, POE, Fundamentals, and state association adoptions stored in my Palm.

Each Rule and appendix is a separate Word document, although I did include the rule changes and POE together in the same doc.

Each rule Section is highlighted in bold red font.

Each rule change/revision is highlighted in yellow background, which I can't demonstrate here.

All Notes and Exceptions are italicized.

All Penalty sections are in bolfdface font, as are the separate section in the appedices.

It can also be stored on a regular PC for computer use.

Quite honestly, it turned out very well and I'm quite proud of it. With a color screen PDA, it's easy to read, and easy to find what you're looking for.

If you would like a copy, reply or PM me with an email addy that will accept a file transfer. It will be transfered in a file named Rules.exe. Double click and allow it to open the the folder, c:\Basketball. Then create the Basketball category in Documents to Go and transfer via Hotsync.

Or I can send it in .zip form if you're concerned your AV software might block it.

If anyone finds any errors, please let me know.

BktBallRef Mon Oct 30, 2006 05:32pm

As of 5:30 EST, all requests thus far have been emailed.

BktBallRef Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:44pm

As of 10:30 EST, all requests thus far have been emailed.

agmattbballref Tue Oct 31, 2006 09:09pm

I would like a copy.

I would like very much a copy if you could email it to [email protected]. I am currently deployed to Korea and I would like a copy to begin studying for my impendin return to the States. Thanks very much in advance for your valued assistance...:cool:

Dan_ref Tue Oct 31, 2006 09:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by agmattbballref
I would like very much a copy if you could email it to [email protected]. I am currently deployed to Korea and I would like a copy to begin studying for my impendin return to the States. Thanks very much in advance for your valued assistance...:cool:

I just sent it to you

(thanks Tony :) )

agmattbballref Tue Oct 31, 2006 09:46pm

sorry...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan_ref
I just sent it to you

(thanks Tony :) )

It would seem that my pop up blocker on this email address has blocked the attachment I replied to your emai with an additional email in the hopes that it will allow the attachment. Sorry to be so much trouble, but it would be a great help to me if I could get this information.

Dan_ref Tue Oct 31, 2006 09:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by agmattbballref
It would seem that my pop up blocker on this email address has blocked the attachment I replied to your emai with an additional email in the hopes that it will allow the attachment. Sorry to be so much trouble, but it would be a great help to me if I could get this information.

No trouble at all, I sent the files that Tony's exe file expands out to.

BktBallRef Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:59pm

Thanks Dan.

All requests have been emailed as of 11pm EST (except those who didn;t give me an email address). :)

Junker Wed Nov 01, 2006 09:14am

I'd like a copy sent to [email protected]. Thanks.

OHBBREF Wed Nov 01, 2006 04:51pm

please forward a copy to [email protected] thatnks

BktBallRef Wed Nov 01, 2006 04:58pm

All requests emailed as of 5pm EST.

Jurassic Referee Wed Nov 01, 2006 05:26pm

I haven't received mine yet.

M&M Guy Wed Nov 01, 2006 05:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
I haven't received mine yet.

Obviously.

You should check out the section on correctable errors.

Oww! Dang wrist...

Jurassic Referee Wed Nov 01, 2006 05:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy
Obviously.

Oww! Dang wrist...

You need a larger handheld.

Dan_ref Wed Nov 01, 2006 05:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
You need a larger handheld.

...or smaller hands